News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro 15 (Late 2016, 2.6 GHz i7) Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, November 22, 2016, 18:17:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Live Review// Better by a Touch? Apple slims down the MacBook Pro 15 quite radically and reduces the weight to around 1.8 kg at a thickness of just 16 millimeters. The professional notebook, which even gained customers from the 17-inch Pro in the past, is now even a real option for users of the previous MBP 13.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-Late-2016-2-6-GHz-i7-Laptop-Review.185254.0.html

oC1X9e

Can you post the cpu temperature and frequencies vs time with a full load on all 4 cores? Using prime95 or similar for a few minutes?

E

Hi, could you do a full performance check on this machine including, Pcmark 7, furmark, Prime95, throttling issiues,  gaming (even if it will sound dumb to buy one fore gaming, it will help show its position on the power it has, excluding optimizations done by adobe and the like), and if the lack of iris pro has effects on the performance of the notebook, also if you could do flex tests on the body to see if thinner notebooks get this issiue will be nice, thanks.

Joe

I really don't like these live reviews. They just mean that I have to check the review several times while waiting for the final score, and the complete review. If I don't do that I might miss the review when it's ready. Please don't do these any more. You are my favorite review site.

Peter Scheel

I simply have to ask you to clarify your claim about the fan noise being a step back!

Are the fans simply louder than on the previous version?
Because I'm pretty sure my old Macbook Pro 15 actually also had the fans spinning all the time at the exact same RPM values that you state here..

E

These are pro machines as Apple wants us to believe, so will you test them as PRO machines, we want to see how they fare when taken to the limit, try Prime95 and Furmark and all that heavy bench marks that will take the fluffy coats off these sticks of models called work horses (PRO). You did it with the ThinkPads do it with the "PROs"

E

I think that its about time that Apple introduces a xeon and quadro macbook,  i mean there are chips that are laptop possible now.

Nitesh

Like another commenter I'm also curious about the fan noise claim, since like them I also have the previous 15" and the fans also spin at the same ~2000RPM default at all times when open. Is the sound more audible?

E

Oh and i noticed that Apple has left spaces around the batteries, so if my assumption is right then i think that they will add the capacities in some time to come, try 2018, Schiller " And we managed to cram more batteries into these devices, plus they now support the latest gen chipsets kabylake"

I'll stick with Linux and Microsoft though, plus ' hopfully a Thinkpad T460s '

Shahriar Farkhan

Please post a rating, these reviews are long and painful. It's like you want people to come to the site over and over again for traffic in hopes of seeing the final tally. It's December 2nd and this article looks complete but is still missing parts :/

MK56

Repeating what others have said, I love this site but please don't do any more "live" reviews. It's a real turn-off.

Pavel Parushev

Oh they forgot to remove the audio port ... disappointing  :o
At least they removed the ugly USB ports ... so one will not be able to plug a pesky flash drive  8)

St

Apple is still making the best machines money can buy with the best OS. Sure it costs a bit more. You get what you pay for. If you can't afford it stop complaining. Get a better job.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview