News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GT73VR 6RF Titan Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 26, 2016, 03:44:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A souped-up GT72. We checked out the GT73VR last month in its 1080p and GTX 1070 configuration and were blown away by its performance and workmanship. The pricier 4K UHD and 1080 SKU is even better, but it makes some sacrifices regarding contrast and colors.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT73VR-6RF-Titan-Notebook-Review.181123.0.html

Impressive Cooling System

Wow, this is the most impressive cooling system I've seen in a laptop!  Well, except for those water cooled Asus laptops, but water cooling requires that 'growth' of a monstrosity strapped to the back of the laptop!

Ryan

Hi there! First of all , i'm so thankful that there is a website like notebookcheck.net. You guys have been the best laptop reviewer i've seen so far. Though, i need more help from you so i can be 100% sure. I'm planning on buying the MSI GT73VR 6RF the one with 4K display, i asked a lot of people for their opinion and they prefer the 1080p120hz. But im not really into games like CS:GO or BF, i'll be using it to play games like assassin's creed, witcher, tombraider, games like that.. my question is, does the GT73VR 6RF able to handle 4k at reasonable fps smoothly? Sorry for the long story , i really need your help!

Wilma

Hi Ryan - I've had my GT73VR 6RF for 3 days now and I went for the 1080p FHD 120hz model with the 1080 card. I do not regret my decision to go for 1080p over 4k. The contrast and quality of the screen is much better IMO. The first game I ran up on it (after installing latest drivers etc) was Witcher 3. All Ultra and Post Processing etc. It looks fantastic and glides. I'm getting average 90 FPS with everything maxed out apart from Hairworks which is OFF. Temps on the GPU have not exceeded 77c and the CPU is 62c. I believe 4k at the same settings nets around 50 FPS. Don't forget that with the 1080p you are getting 120hz monitor and the extra frames makes it run butter smooth. Anyway, I'm rambling. Whichever SKU you go for you are in for one hell of a ride.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview