News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG Strix GL502VS Notebook Preview

Started by Redaktion, August 16, 2016, 06:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Let the games begin. Asus sent us one of the first 15-inch notebooks with the extremely fast Pascal GPU GeForce GTX 1070. The informed reader expects big performance gains and is not disappointed. The manufacturer focuses on continuity for the other aspects of the system, which is usually the correct decision.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-Strix-GL502VS-Notebook-Preview.171567.0.html

Jonathan911

Any update on this review? Is the cooling system similar to the last version? How does the G-Sync perform?

Fed

Could you please tell us whether the weight indicated in the review is the result of your own weighing? ASUS claims 2.3 kg which would be 5.08 pounds, so there is a pretty big difference.

Chris Brewer

OSS117 Flantier

Eagerly waiting for the review :) ! I really hope the cooling system is optimal

Armymax

Quote from: Jonathan911 on August 16, 2016, 19:27:47
Any update on this review? Is the cooling system similar to the last version? How does the G-Sync perform?

No G-Sync here. It has Nvidia Optimus.

Yolo

15-inch G-SYNC panel with wide 160° viewing angles and Windows 10 pre-installed

that is what asus i saying

Giulk

Please update review , and can easily access to the disk and RAM for maintenance or replacement , for example ?

amir

hi everyone , sorry for my bad english
i have a question over the panel . this laptop give a 60hz refresh rate with gtx 1070 and g-sync. while some of laptops like aorus x5 v6 or msi gt72 vr give a 120hz of refresh rate with gtx 1070 and g-sync. but the price is over 700$ more than asus . i want to know is there a lot of difference between these laptops or with 60hz can i also have a smooth game play ?
thank u guys

Yomama

How much did MSI pay so that you would finish their ( laptops with the new 10 series graphics  ) reviews first ?

Florian Glaser

Quote from: Yomama on August 22, 2016, 11:45:07
How much did MSI pay so that you would finish their ( laptops with the new 10 series graphics  ) reviews first ?

Not nearly enough to drink Mai Tais in the Caribbean.  :)

In fact this is because of Nvidia. They tried - for whatever reason - to delay the review-samples at a certain point. The MSI GT62 and GT72 came before that time, the Asus laptops after.

David Harrison

Price quoted is for the GL702VT  (gtx 970m) the GL502VS is around £1600.

Greg

Just got mine in today. I started playing No Mans Sky and the temps stayed at 94c.....lol. Not sure if I have a bad unit, NMS doesn't play well with laptops, or I'm doing something wrong. Dag on thing iddles at what my 980 ti hybrid does under full load ;p

MD

94 Celsius on the GPU or CPU or what ? 94 is like critical, if i remember correctly it is not allowed to really go past 85 on the GPU. What did you use to measure?

WTF

What is -  no accessories despite the high price - supposed to mean ? do the new more expensive MSI laptops have accessories ? last i checked the dominator with 1070 was 100 $ more then the asus and has nothing but the laptop and the power brick in the box. Why don't those laptops have no accessories as cons ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview