News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad 13 Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, June 01, 2016, 07:37:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The perfect entry-level ThinkPad? Lenovo's new ThinkPad 13 is primarily targeted at the educational sector. The Ultrabook is supposed to combine a compact chassis with familiar ThinkPad qualities, but also stay much more affordable than the business models at the same time. Does it work or did Lenovo save money at the wrong end?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-13-Ultrabook-Review.166559.0.html

tien

You will get a bonus malware when buying this Lenovo laptop  ;D

Nguyen Dat

LOL, never happened to Thinkpad dude, u must gotta new to this line?

Bonus: HP and Dell also got caught doing so, but... many US's propaganda is too strong for that dude =))) NSA and CIA gotta busy alot

Puppy

Quote from: tien on June 01, 2016, 09:48:58
You will get a bonus malware when buying this Lenovo laptop  ;D

Not this one. But there is also Chromebook edition for that purpose ;D

Puppy

Has Lenovo discontinued it ? After two weeks it is no longer available in shops over here with status "unavailable".

Codrut Nistor

Probably the first batch they had available was sold. We will ask Lenovo and get back with a reply as soon as we get it.
Later Edit: It is still available in the US, so it should get back in your region soon as it is only out of stock, not out of production.

Puppy

So it is a bad communication with Lenovo ? Shops usually have two different statuses over here. First is the "out of stock" (expected to be available within weeks) and second is "no longer available" that means it is no longer in production. The ThinkPad 13 FHD configuration (model 20GJ003Qxx) has the second one status (no longer available), confirmed by the reseller.

MSM alloy

Just got the 20GJ0048MS on the second day in the middle of nowhere (Savonlinna). The price in Finland is higher then everywhere else and it was the best choice for €910. ~240 GiBs of SSD is pretty enough for a portable scientific work notebook. Battery life is decent: up to 3 hours of Skype video-conference with duplicated display via HDMI (FHD projector with speakers) at max-perfomance plan. Windows flies like a jet, but some 2D picture-lags might be visible in heavy LabView projects editing (which is actually the stone into NI garden).
Some problems might be encountered by Linux-paramours due to the security issues, when lenovo BIOS just recovers the efi partition. And you'll need kernel version >= 4.5 for stable wi-fi while the connection quality of it is lower then in "Windows mode". Also blue-tooth mice might give you a chance to dance with a tambourine.
But finally you can get it working with dual boot remaining all OEM recovery possibilities in a few hours.
The frame is not as rigid as I'd like it to be but in case of an impact it will just bend and you'll have no scratch on it. Also I'm missing the Fn-keystroke for touch-pad disabling: hand recognition is less then mediocre (particularly with hands capable to cover 1.4 octave).
Screen brightness is quite high for Finland during the 70% of the year. But in sunny summer days you'd like to find a shadow if you are working not only with the text-processor.
So in conclusion I can say that I'm pretty happy to own such a cute ultrabook with "a red clitöris", nice keyboard and decent performance for ~€900.

Sergio

Won't be see the silver version in Europe any time soon? It's a real pity, that aluminium lid would give it a bump in terms of materials and make it look cool and distinctive : (

Nils2017

With around 1300€ the DELL XPS 13 is still more expensive than a 1000€ Thinkpad 13, with an i7, backlit keyboard and 180 GB SSD.
I would not compare these two regarding budget.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview