News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook 17 G3 Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, May 30, 2016, 10:19:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The perfect workstation? HP's ZBook 17 G3 is a conventional workstation without the desire to be as thin as possible. Instead, it is focused on the performance. But can HP convince the demanding business customers with the new generation?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-17-G3-Workstation-Review.166334.0.html

Alien

Thank you for the review! Could you also test UHD / 4K version of this workstation?

Danko

I like hp workstations and use them a lot, but to put an apple hinge design on a 17inch workstation is a complete nonsense. Air cannot circulate properly, whole thing gets hot, screen opens in a lower position and is not ergonomic. Dell's design is better. I'm skipping these next two iterations of Zbook.

David P.

I bought this laptop as it promissed superb performance for 3d content creation and  my experience with HP Elitebook 8770w which I was using before was just great.

After using this G3 for a few months my experience is kind of mixed bag. Performance wise, HP delivered and I am satisfied. What am I quite unhappy about is the build quality. I have spent over 4000$ for this machine at that time but the make feels, well, cheap. The elitebook I have owned before (with the price considerably lower) was far more superior in how it was put together and what materials were used. I was expecting something on that level which I definitely did not get. I am concerned especially with: casing doesn't feel very firm. used material is plastic that make sqeuaking sounds occasionally and feels like it could break quite easily. then something I have seen on low to mid-class laptops only: you can hear internal fans interfering with a sound card. or at least it sounds exactly like that. very annoying. keyboard and overally all buttons are just... meh. there is nothing terribly wrong with it but again it feels quite brittle and quite cheap (again, compared to my old HP elitebook or macbook).

build in speakers are one of the worst I have heard on any serious laptop. that is not for the account of build quality, neither I bought this laptop to have a great speakers but it is just another thing that feels very cheap about it and sometimes I must use earphones only to hear properly what somebody is saying when having a skype call for instance.

otherwise, the laptop is fine but the build quality is dragging it down and I was very badly surprised about it, given the price tag. hard to say how come no review I have read before buying seemed to be seriously bothered by this. next time I will never buy a laptop without being able to physically touch it before.

Derrida

PLEASE review the model with the 4K DreamColor -- you will be wildly disappointed.

It is _not_ the rival of the earlier DreamColor screen, which itself had some major flaws. HP even went to the trouble to design a powered-down DreamColor Power Plan which dims the screen -- even at its brightest -- so what engineering flaws led to the near year-long delay of its true availability?

We need Notebook Check to look into this and give us objective specs (what bit color, what nits brightness, etc.) because HP isn't even giving the number of colors or the bits in their specifications documents!

danielKPZ

Hello My friend,

Just as a note , I start same as you with Comodore but on M2 slots you mess it up. You just confuse people with . Just please rename the pictures and add one more TOP picture ( Central view where you can clearly see second M2 slot)

Grate review.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview