News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre 13 Notebook Preview

Started by Redaktion, May 15, 2016, 18:45:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Mission impossible. HP designed a conventional notebook with a "thickness" of just 10 millimeters, so it is thinner than some first-gen tablets (original iPad: 13 mm). This required some innovative solutions. We had the chance to have a closer look at a pre-production unit and want to share our initial impressions.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-13-Notebook-Preview.165463.0.html

bbob

Nice construction, but probably for people who want it as a jewel...
I noticed some grills on the lid. What is it? What does it do?

Did you disassemle the laptot or it is a photo from external source?

I am also curious how the LCD cables are routed from base to lid.

S

Unacceptable price. Unacceptable bezel, size.
I think XPS 13 is much better than this.

Meteorhead

Because the exhaust vents are on the back of the notebook, you would want them to remain open if you close the lid and hook it up to an external monitor. I guess the grills are open on both sides to let the notebook cool even when powered on being closed.

Paul James

From the teardown of spectre 13,http://www.laptopmain.com/hp-spectre-13-disassembly/, the RAM is soldering on the motherboard and no spare RAM slot, so you cannot upgrade RAM, so it is very regrettable

Vash88

Be very careful while testing Samsung NVME drive on HP machines. I don't know why but if you look in the driver section, the hard drives are using microsoft standard drivers. You have to install the latest Samsung drivers for the NVME drives to perform at the best.  Like 500MB/s 4k writing speeds and 3.2 GB/s in sequential reading. I discovered this while benchmarking the new envy 13 that ships with Samsung MZVLW256 aka PM961. I think the same error happened in several reviews of hp notebooks using Samsung drives.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview