News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T460 (Core i5, FHD) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, May 03, 2016, 09:05:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

New wine in old wineskins. Many business customers with enough money to spare have sworn on Lenovo's pricey but also premium T lineup for several laptop generations. The manufacturer sticks to the tried in its newest 14-inch scion: The input devices and casing are the same as in the predecessor. Will the screen and technical features again meet the high demand?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T460-Core-i5-FHD-Notebook-Review.164879.0.html

WHY LENOVO WHY!!!

Compared to t450s, stronger chassis, 8260 wireless card and dual channel ram are all great but 40% sRGB??? What were you thinking Lenovo???
Guess I'm going with either latitude 15 5000 or xps 15 this year...

fb1996

Quote from: WHY LENOVO WHY!!! on July 13, 2016, 08:42:22
Compared to t450s, stronger chassis, 8260 wireless card and dual channel ram are all great
As the T450s has one DIMM slot and 4 GB of soldered RAM, it supports dual channel mode as well.
Quote from: WHY LENOVO WHY!!! on July 13, 2016, 08:42:2240% sRGB??? What were you thinking Lenovo???
Actually, the reviewed Full HD screen covers 61.55% of sRGB.

WHY LENOVO WHY!!!

My bad, you're absolutely right. But still, 4G soldered+12/16G won't perform as well as double 8/16G ram. Also, the previous generation T450s(which seems more comparable to T460 than T460s) came with 83.5% sRGB, 54.7 adobeRGB and 288 nits of brightness as opposed to 61.6% sRGB, 40% adobeRGB and 230 nits of brightness in T460. Personally for me this is a complete deal breaker.
Dell latitudes and precisions are currently on 'back to school' discounts up to 60% so I'll gladly sacrifice thinkpad keyboard and trackpoint for dell's superior display.

Jimi

Bought this laptop two months ago,happy with everything,except the screen,my eyes really  hurt every time i work for more than half hours.its really anoying to me

Andrey Dimitrov

A lot of people complain about the FHD IPS screen being too dark, but I am surprised how good it is. Yes, it's not as good as Dell's XPS QHD, but it is very good for your everyday use.

The specs are great and the machine runs super quite. The built quality is really good and so far I cannot find one thing to dislike about the laptop.

Digivan

This is a crappy laptop, even in an office environment. Even in such an non-demanding environment, the CPU use regularly goes up to 100% and then blocks all operations. So very discontent with this laptop (like a previous Lenovo laptop we used in our office).

Socram

Hi

¿crappy lap? i have read...in comments.

WELL, I have bought one like this:

FHD Touchscreen 14", 500gb ssd 16gb ram i5 2600 and it is all but CRAPPY,

400 euros. BUT...dots in the screen, several, none of them bothers me, almost, BUT ONE, not in the center not in the conner... 2 years warranty in ebay. Im happy with this , very happy is ultra fast, not very thin but lighter than my 15.6 or eve lighter than my other x230 thinkpad.

MY QUESTION IS:

Can I , by any means, put another internal m.2 disk?

or....

would it be appropiate to put a 1TB ssd disk?

and: 

where do I buy , in a future, a touchscreen 14" fhd isp for this device?

If I finally keep it. (14 days of proof)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview