News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Canonical launches Ubuntu 16.04 LTS

Started by Redaktion, April 22, 2016, 08:30:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Codenamed Xenial Xerus, this new long-term release is the first one to offer support for mainframes, also introducing the new Ubuntu MATE community flavour, support for the ZFS file system, .deb and snap packages, and more.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Canonical-launches-Ubuntu-16-04-LTS.164113.0.html

Lomio

"Notorious Ubuntu Linux"? I know everyone doesn't love it but that seems a little harsh.

Codrut Nistor

famous or well known, typically for some bad quality or deed.
"Los Angeles is notorious for its smog"
synonyms:   infamous, of ill repute, with a bad reputation/name, ill-famed, scandalous; well known, famous, famed, celebrated, renowned, fabled, legendary, noted, talked about, prominent
"the country's most notorious drug trafficker"
The keyword in the definition is "typically" - I was thinking about the "well known, famous" part and not the "infamous" one. ;)

Codrut Nistor

My bad, was thinking more about the well known part, but it came out a bit wrong. A lot of people were bashing Ubuntu back in the day when I brought it up on forums/real life, so I ended up considering it notorious before considering it well known...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview