News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PC shipments continue to drop

Started by Redaktion, April 13, 2016, 19:28:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Although analysts anticipated a recovery, it seems that the PC market continued to shrink in the first quarter of 2016 as well.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/PC-shipments-continue-to-drop.163573.0.html

JSS

No mystery here.  Blame it on the incessant delays, poor messaging, lack of communication, and generally poorly executed delivery of all the new technology coming online.  I've been in the market for a new desktop replacement laptop for a little over a year now.  First, I was waiting for Windows 10.  Shortly thereafter, we hear Skylake processors are coming out.  So I waited some more.  Then it was virtual reality and the GPU processing power required to run that.  So I waited for the desktop 980 in laptop form to come out.  So I've been waiting to hear about how they performed on the handful of mobile options that can run VR.  But VR has been delayed and consumer reviews have been sparse.  We then also had 4k models in the 17" form factor hitting the market--but the lack of GSync (at least with the Clevo desktop replacements that have been my preferred choice to date) combined with the ridiculous premium of $600+ for a 4k screen (utterly absurd--Dell asks for $100 premium to upgrade to 4k in their 17" Alienware models--but no desktop GPU offered) have caused me to wait.  Now we hear Pascal GPUs are to hit in June or July... so guess what I'm doing?  I'm waiting!!  And if there are further delays with that (and ridiculous price premiums) I'll wait some more.  In the meantime, I just try to make upgrades on my existing laptop (which is going on 5 years) and keep it going.  And while it's time to replace it, it's adequate.  The last thing I'm going to do is drop $5k on a new computer that quickly becomes obsolete and insufficient for new technology coming online.  If the manufacturer's could get their... stuff... in order, actually meet promised timeframes for delivery, and not be ridiculous with premium pricing (I'll pay a premium... but when one manufacturer asks for $100 for a given upgrade, and another wants $600+... that tells me $600 is ridiculous and won't last... so I'll wait until the price premiums line up a bit more), I'll make my purchase.  Until then, I'm not spending $5k on something that's useless in six months.

vincentxp

PC keep droping is because PC not use for show reputation in public as easy as Smart phone. therefore no ppl request every year keep changing the PC.  PC also well built quality  , which simply last us 4-6 years used. PC also lack of 3G , 4G call out function , no GPS , i don't know why Microsoft why just dont built a total new finger touch interface for Full version Windows rather like currently just touch at front page , key in , browser , still go back to old interface which very hard for our finger to use it. i think if built in 3G/ 4G with GPS model , 7"  , 8" ,12" & sell like smart phone mid range price. they might sell like hot cake.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview