News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP ZBook 15u G3 Workstation Review

Started by Redaktion, March 10, 2016, 17:50:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Affordable, portable, professional... The HP ZBook 15u G3 brings us a thin-and-light mobile workstation with capable specs, all within the realm of affordability. But is it a workstation, or is it an Ultrabook... or is it a little bit of both?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-ZBook-15u-G3-Workstation-Review.160815.0.html

David Lloyd

What about the regular Zbook 15 G3?

This review compares the 15u to the old G2 as if it was the successor, but it's not... it also compares the 15u to the Precision 5510, when the Zbook G3 Studio would be the better model for that comparison....

The Zbook 15 G3 is the successor to the Zbook 15 G2.... the Zbook 15u & the Zbook Studio are lighter weight options... the Zbook Studio is the direct competitor to the Precision 5510 & Lenovo P50S...

This review kinda misses the mark in its comparisons to other models, because it doesn't seem to acknowledge the place/role of the 15u in HP's lineup...

Steve Schardein

Thanks for your feedback David.  Since we never had a chance to evaluate the ZBook 15u G2, while we acknowledge its existence, we can't really say much about how it would compare to either of these other models... so comparisons from the G3 to the G2 would also be equally impossible.  The closest comparison we have testing results for are the notebooks we mentioned -- especially the Precision, which is comparable in terms of weight and size and yet manages to cram in quite a lot more power.

As we said in our verdict, we feel the 15u G3 does make sense for a particular segment of the market.  It is a challenging product to unconditionally recommend, however, thanks to some other competitors in the same space offering stronger performance for marginally higher prices.

I hope this answers your question.  Thanks for reading!

Steve

Roi

Hi
It seems unfair to compare a ~1300$ laptop with the w550s at $2400 & dell 5510 at $3500 (pricing from your review at the end of december).

I think it should be stated ahead that the configuration you're comparing vs the other laptops in this tests have such a large price gap. The dell is almost 3 times the HP price.

Wout de Zeeuw

I agree with the other commenters, this laptop shouldn't be compared with the laptops they are compared with in this article. This laptop is balanced towards portability, and you can work with this laptop on your lap on the couch, without the laptop frying your legs. You can't do that with the HP Zbook 15 G3 or the Studio model and most likely comparable quad cores.

The lower cost is nice, but for me the lower weight and lower power requirements/heat emissions made me buy this model. The moments that you eke out extreme power from your machine for work are extremely rare.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview