News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Spectre x360 15-ap012dx Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2016, 23:04:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

4K UHD update. The recently released Spectre x360 15 is available in FHD and UHD display options. Are those smaller pixels really worth the extra cost? We compare the two models to see what drawbacks and benefits one may have over the other.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Spectre-x360-15-ap012dx-Convertible-Review.160615.0.html

fmyhr

Thank you for reviewing the 4k UHD model. I've been considering one of these and appreciate your reporting on the trade-offs involved (reduced contrast & battery life) besides extra cost. One thing I still wonder about: will a UHD screen display a non-native resolution (like 1600x900 or 1366x768) more clearly than a 1080p screen would? It seems that it *should*, by analogy with finer dot pitch of old CRT monitors, but I don't think I've seen anyone test this. Where is such scaling done: panel hardware, GPU, OS?

Back to the Spectre x360 15t, it would be great if you could test how well it works with the HP and Dell (reported to be superior to HP) Synaptics pens. Is stylus input the same for 1080p and 4k models?

Final note: HP's US website forces an upgrade to i7 when selecting 16GB RAM. I hope they bring the i5/16GB model you tested to the US.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview