News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer announces Blade Stealth ultrabook with external desktop GPU dock

Started by Redaktion, January 06, 2016, 19:40:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Blade Stealth's most outstanding feature is the external Razer Core GPU dock that can be outfitted with almost any desktop graphics card.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-announces-Blade-Stealth-ultrabook-with-external-desktop-GPU-dock.157669.0.html

Proofread

Typo: "is powered by Intel Core i7-6500U *quad-core* processor".
The i7-6500U processor is a  Dual-Core.

bbob

They had the exact idea i've been looking for, but i need a bigger screen and faster cpu.  Gaming on 12" seems kind of limiting, and wouldn't the cpu become a bottleneck on anything beyond a midrange gpu?  upgrade to a 17.3" 4k and faster CPU and they've got a buyer.

Tomatot

Quote from: bbob on January 06, 2016, 23:00:07
They had the exact idea i've been looking for, but i need a bigger screen and faster cpu.  Gaming on 12" seems kind of limiting, and wouldn't the cpu become a bottleneck on anything beyond a midrange gpu?  upgrade to a 17.3" 4k and faster CPU and they've got a buyer.

I definetely don't agree. What's the point of having a big 17,3" laptop where you have space to put a GTX 980?
This is not their idea, it wouldn't be interesting at all.

The point of this machine is to get a real ultrabook (like MacBook Air, XPS 13, etc.) so you can work with it a whole day, have something very light that you can bring everywhere. But when you come home and want to play real games, you connect it to the external GPU AND to an external screen (I think without an external monitor it's can of useless), and then you get a gaming PC + a real ultrabook.

Now I'd like to ast, do you know if the external dock is going to work with other ultrabooks with usb-c / thunderbolt 3? It could really be interesting with my XPS 13...

togusa

This razor core and the newly announced asus rog xg2 should in theory both be compatible with any thunderbolt 3 enabled laptops... Which sounds awesome :D

Sabaru Engineering

"the Blade Stealth's most outstanding feature is the external Razer Core GPU dock that can be outfitted with almost any desktop graphics card (TDP up to 375 W)"

is it (Razer external GPU Dock) compatible to run Nvidia Quadro series?

Red Iron08

very beautiful and portable machine.
good job well done Razer,
but wait
DUAL CORE PROCESSOR!!!!!
seriously razer????
thats really a bullshit guys. dual core processor for gaming machine.   

Codrut Nistor

Dual core ULV for ultrabook, that's the idea. Should be enough for decent full HD gaming. Don't think dual core without adding ultrabook into the equation.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview