News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire V3-372 Subnotebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 29, 2015, 09:09:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Small, black and quiet. It has to be known that Acer's new subnotebook has a fan since it is hardly audible. And everyone who believes that subnotebooks cannot produce a useful sound will have to rethink that, just like those who surely set on a good keyboard in an 800 Euro laptop. Our test reveals just how deep the water runs.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-V3-372-Subnotebook-Review.156818.0.html

Neda

Dear all,

I think this is my first review of a product for the last 26 year, but I believe this laptop has driven me to insanity. For the first 7 months I had problems with the wi-fi connection as my lovely laptop randomly decided to disconnect. Once my laptop decided to switch to Windows 10 (without even asking), the connection problem was solved...as long as i can tell. The laptop freezes every 10-15min for no apparent reason, so the upside is I cannot even tell if the wi-fi connection problem is still present or not....

An I am not even going to start on the mouse pad freeze problem that everyone has been talking about...

Stay sane, by literary anything else.....

Codrut Nistor

Are you sure you are talking about this specific model? Since it launched back in April 2016, it was quite impossible for you to buy it 7 months ago...

Malibeg

Owning this laptop for 5 months, I'm very satisfied with it. Battery life is great, sound and display are ok for price you pay.

Ivo

I've been using an Acer V3-372 (i5-6267U, 8GB ram, 256GB ssd) since April this year and I am pretty pleased with it. Performance is quite good for a low-energy processor, graphics are perfectly satisfactory for anything up to casual AutoCAD drafting. My main uses for it are developing Matlab and Fortran scripts, general writing and document editing, internet browsing. For these purposes it is great - by no means a gaming or content creation machine.

Pros:
+ Surprisingly good performance from CPU/SSD combo. (I write programs which do lots of read/write onto the hard drive).
+ Very good battery life. Real-world 7-9 hours of general student work.
+ Small frame and reasonable build quality, beautiful design.
+ Decent amount of ports considering size.
+ Cooling is good.
+ Speakers are clear and loud (considering size).

Meh:
+- Display is sharp, but nothing to write home about.
+- Same for the webcam.

Cons:
- Keyboard is shitty. Some adjustment is needed and you should be quite light-handed when typing.
- Poor headphone jack placement (if you are right-handed).
- Difficult to disassemble for maintenance/upgrades/cleaning.
- Fan is quite noisy when working (works rarely but still)

My verdict: Having bought this laptop new for 720eu it was a pretty good deal. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview