News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ROG G752VT Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, November 15, 2015, 09:40:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Silent beast. The latest revision in the signature G series takes a small step forward, though not the leap we were all hoping. We detail how the G752 is an improvement over the G751 and how competing models are starting to fly pass the popular Asus G series.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ROG-G752VT-Notebook-Review.153805.0.html

n00bita

As far as I know this model doesn't have the 3D Vapour chamber cooling.

poziomek

What about PWM? Is it used for this  panel? Please add this bullet to standard test procedure.
Regards.

commonsensie

Whats the point of comparing a gtx 970 model to gtx 980 models of other manufacturers. Doesn't seem like a fair comparison. 

ChairmanMeow

I was disappointed with the screen, but I was comparing it versus a 4K IGZO on an Alienware 17. I benchmarked the two side by side in store on Unigine and the difference in color richness and accuracy was absolutely massive. It's a shame we can't get 4k and GSYNC all in one package. ASUS charges absolutely ludicrous amounts of cash for its high end models and doesn't sweeten the deal enough to justify. (6700HQ on a $2600 notebook and no 4K? Only a single 980M on a $3500 notebook? You're kidding me.)

Flier

I wonder if the engineers who design these systems ever stop to consider how difficult they are to get onto an airplane. The dimensions are either

1) too large for to fit into a laptop bag or

2) the bags have to be so big that they do not meet US airline baggage restrictions. The airline I fly restricts bags to 560 x 350 x 230 mm. A computer with a depth of over 300 mm is tough to fit into a bag that is restricted to 350 mm.

I will be crossing Asus off of my list of possibilities on this criteria alone, as I have no interest in putting a $2,000+ laptop into checked luggage. It will be broken by the time it arrives at my destination.

svend007

Have to say I think that is pretty ugly compared to the 751.
Have had a G751JY for nearly a year now and extremely impressed, no problems. Don't like this new version at all!

Dark-Hitoshi

Hi,

it is normal that my G752 overheating ?

I left two USB ports , which disconnects when I connect an External HDD ...

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/39081920151121113045.png

Allen.Ngo

What programs are you running to reach those core temperatures? We're unable to replicate your temperature conditions even with furmark and prime95.

as for the left USB ports, we're experiencing the same issues with external HDDs and will see if this continues when we receive the G752VY test model.

beststeve

If I compare all Benchmarks I found to the G751JT, all FutureMark Benchmarks are slower thand with the 4720HQ. Not only with Asus, but generally with the skylake. It's not such a big difference, but the new one is slower.

Please post your Benches to verfify.

G752JT Firestrike 6659 here.

beststeve

MarkusL

How easy is it to upgrade/change wifi-card in the future in G752VT?
Is it easy to reach those parts on the motherboard?

rog-man

When is the review of the G752VY coming?

I hope you can review the G752VYDH72 model, or at least provide in depth information about the differences between the two VY models.

sean86

Hardware is noisy and keyboard misses A LOT of key strokes. Software- windows 10 is a hybrid pain in the a$$, it would be much better if they offered it without tablet mode. I have had it for about 4 months now, not impressed frequently locks up under simple tasks disc maxes at 100% and then locks up. Bought mine from microcenter, I wouldn't recommend it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview