News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI GT72S 6QE Dominator Pro G Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, October 12, 2015, 17:17:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

King of Features. MSI refreshes its gaming laptops with new hardware and exciting features within the frameworks of the release of Intel's Skylake generation. Read here how the GT725 top model fares against its high-end rivals.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-GT72S-6QE-Dominator-Pro-G-Notebook-Review.151922.0.html

mad1394

I am dissapointed to see that you did not mention the ESS Sabre HiFi Audio  anywhere. Was it not included with the tested variant of the laptop ?

Pito4all

I owe the late 2014 version (4710hq), and after 1 year i can say i'm pretty happy with it: most of the rough edge (fan speed high speed-noise and innacurate monitor color profile) has been addressed almost perfectly with firmware&software by msi.  Hope this will make you look at this pc in a better light.
PS: If you need to carry it around pretty often, you'll be asking Why msi left a full 2.5'' slot empty&unusable (no sata connector) next to the battery instead of expanding it?! for 100g we would have got 1-2 extra hours of light use!

KArdzi

A have one day this notebook.Made quality is bad. Cheap plastics (unlike notebook Alienware 17 - perfect buil quality) .It is not comparable. Lid is soft when touch...ba bad.It could be a notebook for 3k euro should not have happened.
When gaming (latest modern game) is normal black screen flickering (of course - latest drivers installed).
LCD monitor id only 60hz and not 75hz (as presented)..
So..the last nail in the coffin is unexpected shutdown while gaming (ranndomly).. critical error

sorry..MSI never more

1sam1XLR1

Not having to deal with Optimus has its advantages too... some might even view it as a PLUS.

I would have loved it if I had a way to disable the integrated HD4000 graphics on my MSI GT70.

FYI: unlike some laptops (Asus for example) MSI can endure graphic card upgrades, my GT70 originally came with GeForce 680M and I have since upgraded the GPU to GeForce 980M which is all sorts of awesome, but that wasn't overly easy nor painless process... yet I would have done it all over again if I needed - its much better than to sell at huge lose and buy another laptop just because the old one's gpu couldn't keep up.

But yeah, not the highest quality of plastic on this laptops.. if you care for that get an Alienware (just make sure that they have an upgradeable MXM format gpu)
and if you are seeking easy life upgrading the GPU ... Clevo is the proper alternative, even boxer than MSI but upgrades are latterly plug and play

thewoods

Are Nvidia not releasing new mobile chipsets this fall? I've been waiting to buy a laptop until the next line of GPUs hits. But so far... nothing. And all these refreshes are coming out. Seems very strange.

Daniel Watkins

I too am surprised that have an extra slot in the laptop for another 2.5" hard drive, but no SATA header for it? Why?

Also, you cannot buy a Samsung M9T 2TB 2.5" 9.5mm laptop hard drive for this laptop from the factory. You have to buy the laptop and then upgrade the hard drive afterwards. The performance of the drive is decent, despite being 5400RPM because it is 667GB per platter.

Both MSI and Asus don't offer this drive from their laptops. But Gateway does (P37x)!

The laptop can keep the CPU at about 3.4GHZ with all cores actvie at 90C? That isn't bad but could the system keep the components even cooler with Cooler Boost enabled? Unless the fans were already running at full speed. Also the F7 overclocking feature, that overclocks all 4 cores to 3.7GHZ?
Are there options in supplied MSI software, or in the BIOS to up the core voltage and overclock more? Or do you have to use Intel XTU?

Finally, not sure if a 230W AC adapter is causing throttling of the GPU during your test, because it is only running at about 85C, yet throttling already.

Thanks

stonekold

Schenker XMG U706
i7-6700K
Isn't this a desktop processor that sux down 100 watts vs 45 watts ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview