News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell introduces dynamic overclocking for Alienware notebooks

Started by Redaktion, September 05, 2015, 00:41:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell was at PAX Prime this year to show off the its upcoming overclocking abilities for the Alienware 13, 15, and 17.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-introduces-dynamic-overclocking-for-Alienware-notebooks.150087.0.html

Dre Am

Ge

Looking at the specs, I actually think 45W laptop skylakes are weaker than 47W laptop haswells.

Pito4all

I read on PCWorld that Dell is releasing the skylake refresh as soon as the intel chip production is available... so 1-2 month i suppose?

Papusan

The new updated Alienware laptop models will include patent-pending dynamic overclocking / throttling features that continuously monitor temperature thresholds in order to ensure maximum processing power.... Perhaps Dell's engineers should do something about their thinking when it comes to fan profiles??? Fan profile in previous and latest generation AW laptops have been disaster. If Dell's engineers continue with create useless fan profiles in the new AW models; Then you can surely imagine what the result will be with dynamic overclocking. LOL. The temperature becomes high in an Alienware laptop with a useless fan profile so you can forget about dynamic overclocking during use for a long period. Only throttling...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview