News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70 Tablet Review

Started by Redaktion, August 29, 2015, 10:49:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sounds good. Lenovo's 10-inch TAB 2 A10-70 Tablet offers very decent performance for the price. The Android-based slate comes with a fairly basic no-frills design, but boasts a Full-HD IPS display and above-average sound quality.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-TAB-2-A10-70-Tablet-Review.149101.0.html

olaf

Based on this article i bought the Tab 2 A10 tablet. So far it looks good, but after a few hours of use i noticed that the touchscreen seems have a little bit of play inside the plastic casing, ie it's loose enough to feel it move a littlebit around when rotating or shaking the tablet.

Is this normal or do i have a monday-morning model?

Cheers! Olaf

Dankoni

U have monday morning thing :)
I got one from bestbay, in august, and I'm really pleased with this tablet.
U can't get all addons for 200$.

Ianken51

I bought my Lenovo Tab 2A10-70 tablet to replace a month old 8" DGTECH Tablet that suddenly refused to charge (covered by warranty return by the seller).

I paid extra for the larger screen and to get a reliable brand name. I have not been disappointed. It's an honest no-frills Android tablet with somewhat restricted external connection options: but I was aware of this when I bought it.

I also have an aging Motorola XOOM MZ-601 that cannot be upgraded beyond Android 4.1.1 - Motorola Australia no longer support this model. I have found that I am using my Lenovo more and more dues to the much faster response and greater stability.

I would not buy an Android tablet with less than 2GB RAM. The additional 1GB of memory over the Motorola  shows in faster browsing, quicker rendering and greater stability.

I highly recommend this Tablet, provided you not the Cons listed in the review! :-)

Daveg149

This is the, most useful review I have seen, for this tablet. It just so happens that I only read it..... after I shelled out for it. I've just upgraded from an 8" Galaxy tab 3 and I only really upgraded for the screen size. I am very pleased with the Lenovo kit, I don't really put it to maximum use, but I read a lot, of magazines, books, emails, web browse a lot, watch you tube stuff and movies, and loads of sport, on sky go and BT sport...... For the money it's brilliant...I listen to loads of music and of all genres, jazz, rock, classical, pop and all variations of same.... with basic ear buds or on-ear phones, the sound is absolutely awesome...... And  when reading quality magazines, or watching any sort of video, the screen sharpness and clarity is top draw.
I'm not a fully fledged geek by any means, but I can really recommend this piece of kit, and I think (tech speak aside) I can fully endorse this review. Thanks.

Greg

I've had this tablet for two months now, using it every day for e mail, web browsing, streaming media,  e books an so on.  It is a delight to use although there are some minor irritants in the Lollipop 5.0.1, primarily in power on and off settings and wifi drop outs  -  it takes a while and a bit of (enjoyable)  fiddling to set up but this tablet is then well worth the price.

aoxomoxoa69

It only worked for 5 weeks.

This was purchased direct from Lenovo on 1/3/2016.  They did not ship it until 3/16/16.  It was received on 3/21/16, and has been a brick since 4/28/2016.  It had almost a full charge when it failed, showing a gray/grainy screen when I tried to boot/start it.  The total cost, including a 2 year service plan, and sales tax, was $245.25.

I was not contacted by Lenovo after filing a service claim.  I had to chase this down myself.  It took almost an hour on the phone.   The person on the other end was just going through a rote set of instructions trying to see if the problem could be resolved.  It was the same set of instructions I had already googled and tried, to no avail.  The person then offered me 3 options; (1) send it to Lenovo service center for repair, (2) accept a $85 gift card, to purchase another one, in lieu of getting it repaired, or (3) taking it to Best Buy (which is a 120 mile round trip for me) and letting them try to resolve it.  If Geek Squad at Best Buy couldn't resolve it, they would hand it back and tell you to send it in for repair.  (2 trips = 240 miles).  What a joke!!!  I had to argue to get the person to move ahead with option #1.  There is no way in hell I would accept a $85 gift card to purchase something I just paid $245 for, that didn't last a full 5 weeks!!!!

So, it appears Lenovo's tablet are built using inferior parts, plus their service plan is next to useless.  BTW, I've been involved as a design EE for over 30 years, having been the lead validation test engineer for several clone PC's.  I have also tested, and fixed, multiple clone PC's which had EMI/EMC issues, while working at HP.

In summary, don't waste your money on a Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70 tablet, or their service plan.  I have no confidence that they will get it repaired, or that it will last longer than another 5 weeks, upon return to me. Buy something else.

Gadflex

This tablet (my third one after a first Asus then a Samsung Tab 8.4) is the worst tablet/smartphone I ever bought
Problems with WiFi, no calls. Do not buy it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview