News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony doesn't want Vaio owners to upgrade to Windows 10

Started by Redaktion, August 13, 2015, 07:51:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

"Although Microsoft is offering the Windows 10 upgrade, it is strongly recommended that you wait to install it until the drivers & installation instructions are available for your VAIO PC."

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-doesn-t-want-Vaio-owners-to-upgrade-to-Windows-10.147831.0.html

Vlad

So what? Even if I had working drivers I wouldn't upgrade. It's not like the "new" Windows brings something extremely good. Just Microsoft trying to force users not to be happy with what they have already. I really don't understand this crazy need to upgrade, to be on the latest software. From a business point of view I do, but journalists shouldn't sing Microsoft song about Win 10 being a must have.

Codrut Nistor

A must have, no, but it's surely a decent thing to get. Speaking for myself, I totally HATE what they did to the interface and the settings (if moving from XP to 7 was bad from the "Control Panel point of view", moving from 7 to 10 is definitely HELL), but I was pleasantly surprised to see all my old programs work fine and memory usage is MUCH LOWER.

On the other hand, startup time is in fact slower (SSD here) and there's a lot of stuff an old-school user like me has to disable. No, I don't care about live tiles, screen splitting or Windows Store, all I need is a clean environment. I can install stuff myself, I do not want any suggestions and I definitely do not want to pay to get rid of the ads in Solitaire! (seriously, Microsoft???)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview