News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Toshiba Satellite Click Mini L9W-B Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, July 09, 2015, 09:15:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Netbook 2.0 Current tablets with docking solutions could be what netbooks were a couple of years ago: compact companions with long battery runtimes that can be used for multimedia contents as well as productive tasks. Toshiba uses a very small form factor, two batteries, a high resolution and a dock with a USB type A port. A recipe for success?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Toshiba-Satellite-Click-Mini-L9W-B-Convertible-Review.145943.0.html

Renaud

Thanks for the review  :)

I own this device for 2 days now (couldn't wait anymore for your review to come  ;)) I put a 128 Gb Sandisk Ultra inside and everything was ok. Full USB can power a 1Tb 2.5'' Western Digital hard drive. Quite good for a travelling photographer, thanks to the regular SD card reader.

Do you know if this device can be used with a port replicator connected to the micro-usb port ? The plugable 8 was not tested with the click mini.

If so, it could also be a nice multimedia device, when you're at home and not travelling.

ZiePaw

I bought this convertible mini laptop two weeks ago.
There are some thing not mentioned in this article which i have to point out:

1.full size port is USB 2.0/3.0 port and you can choose in BIOS which usb version should be applied to this port. USB port set to work as 2.0 will give you a slightly better battery life.

2.battery in dock is not charged properly when using Windows, it's showing a message that it is charging but nothing happens. No such problem with tablet battery (bat no.1). Newest bios update did not solved this problem and so far the only way to properly charge both batteries is to shut down this machine and leave it on charge for 8/9 hours.

3.looks like built quality differs between these as i am getting plenty of screen bleeding on mine. Not an issue though as only really visible when the screen is black.

ZiePaw

Just a quick update to my recent post.

Toshiba is using some clever software solution to allow users to have fonts and windows big enough to be able to work in Windows desktop mode using screen's native resolution. It works pretty well in...most cases. Try (for example) Winamp with it's default classic skin... ;-D

velo3100

Is the screen brightness sufficient enough when using it on a train with the sunlight partially shining on it. I ask this as I wonder whats the point of having a portable device when you have to use it inside all the time.

Also I think there should be more storage included as windows takes up a lot of space.

Renaud

Quote from: ZiePaw on July 15, 2015, 11:31:17
I bought this convertible mini laptop two weeks ago.
There are some thing not mentioned in this article which i have to point out:

1.full size port is USB 2.0/3.0 port and you can choose in BIOS which usb version should be applied to this port. USB port set to work as 2.0 will give you a slightly better battery life.

2.battery in dock is not charged properly when using Windows, it's showing a message that it is charging but nothing happens. No such problem with tablet battery (bat no.1). Newest bios update did not solved this problem and so far the only way to properly charge both batteries is to shut down this machine and leave it on charge for 8/9 hours.

3.looks like built quality differs between these as i am getting plenty of screen bleeding on mine. Not an issue though as only really visible when the screen is black.

It's a surprise to have a 3.0 USB port, as Toshiba itself says it's a 2.0 one. I made a data transfer (one big file) form hdd to the click mini's internal storage at more than 30 Mo/s. Unfortunately, even with a 95 Mo/s SD card, data transfer form SD is slower.

Had some issues with wifi from sleep, but with bios update it seems better. Yesterday the touchpad was inactive but the keys of the keyboard were working.

Charis

Toshiba released a new bios that you can install 64 bit windows. Thats is a game changer.

Click Mini L9W-B   Bios 5.20-WIN

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview