News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI PE70 2QE Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, July 08, 2015, 09:37:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Multimedia elite? According to MSI, the notebooks from the new Prestige-series are devices for very demanding lifestyle and business users. But can the 17.3-inch PE70 fulfill these high promises?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-PE70-2QE-Notebook-Review.145939.0.html

velo3100

I am a bit confused about why the laptop costs a lot but only has an hdd and not an ssd. Most laptops in this range have both or a sshd.

Second if the cpu and gpu throttles when on battery power then what is the point of having a laptop in the first place. This means you can't use the laptop to its full potential without being plugged in. Also the poor battery times is reasonable but still asks the question why someone should get this laptop.

Finally I think the cpu is a bit weak for this price range.

NeptuneUK

The reasonI bought my laptop is portability. I can't easily take a desktop and monitor with mewhen I travel, so a powerful laptop is a good alternative.
I accidentally left the laptop unplugged and got 45 minutes of high-end FPS gaming without realising the performancewas being throttled!

NeptuneUK

I don't know about this review on the temperatures.... This review actually made me choose to buy this laptop because it said that temperature wasn't an issue.
I have the PE70 2QE and it becomes actually painfully hot to the touch after about 20 minutes of high end gaming....

There doesn't seem to be as much airflow coming from the left-hand fan/vent but it doesn't seemblocked :S

In my experience this laptop has MAJOR temperature issues, but I'm not sure if I should be more upset with this review or the laptop manufacturer, I'll probably go with the latter :P

NeptuneUK

TL;DR version : It's difficult to ascertain actual temperature performance in real gaming by using a 20 minute benchmark.

NeptuneUK

Quote from: NeptuneUK on April 10, 2016, 04:49:44
TL;DR version : It's difficult to ascertain actual temperature performance in real gaming by using a 20 minute benchmark.
Quote from: NeptuneUK on April 10, 2016, 04:46:19
I don't know about this review on the temperatures.... This review actually made me choose to buy this laptop because it said that temperature wasn't an issue.
I have the PE70 2QE and it becomes actually painfully hot to the touch after about 20 minutes of high end gaming....

There doesn't seem to be as much airflow coming from the left-hand fan/vent but it doesn't seemblocked :S

In my experience this laptop has MAJOR temperature issues, but I'm not sure if I should be more upset with this review or the laptop manufacturer, I'll probably go with the latter :P

I am being unfair here. I had an issue with one of the fans which was causing heat problems. Once this was fixed the temperatures were tolerable, even after long sessions.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview