News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MSI PE60 2QE Prestige Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, June 28, 2015, 21:42:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Elvis. Great voice, appealing performance and best entertainment value. The Prestige lineup wants to convince end consumers and business users alike with its luxury features. Will it manage to do that with the on-board means? The manufacturer has eliminated the classic MSI weakness "keyboard", a wise decision that makes us happy.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/MSI-PE60-2QE-Prestige-Notebook-Review.145525.0.html

stijn

After reading this review I bought this notebook for doing graphics work and the excellent screen that is supposed to get close to 100% sRGB.  However after using my X-Rite Colormunki Display with Dispcalgui I get 80% of sRGB colour space.

How did you guys manage to get 97% sRGB?

Please note the bloatware called MSI True Color, that is used to set the 6 colour profiles, is automatically disabled during DispcalGUI calibration.  Also games disable it.  Basically: it doesn't work as it should.

What also annoys me is the auto-brightness / auto-contrast.

You guys listed this in your "laptops with best screens" list but based on my experience I wouldn't recommend it to anyone doing graphics work.  Unless above problems can be solved of course.

Any tips?

Heracles

Can't help but notice the keyboard cover production error: A standard keyboard cannot have both a wide backspace key and an L-shaped enter key, but the cover does. They "fixed" this by widening the enter key and the key on top of it. Looks like they also had to bevel one side of each key to keep the gap between the two. This flaw seems to be present on the GE62 series as well. It's an eye sore, especially against the silver cover.

Not to mention a standard German keyboard layout requires an inverted L-shaped enter key (as do other languages).

stijn

After trying everything possible to get close to the PROMISED "close to 100% sRGB" by MSI (it's one of their marketing features for this laptop), and not getting more out of it than 86% sRGB myself even with my display calibration equipment, I discovered that I don't have the Samsung panel LTN156HL01 in my MSI PE60 2QE.  What I have is the LP156WF6. 

Comparison between the 2 panels:
http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=24180,24053

I feel deceived by MSI and will not buy any of their stuff again (I manage 10 computers and 6 laptops).  Frankly, I don't care which panel is inside my laptop.  I care about having close to 100% sRGB as they promised.  86% sRGB is _NOT_ close to 100.  What a disgrace.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview