News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Face Off: Dell XPS 15 vs. Apple MacBook Pro 15 vs. Asus ZenBook Pro UX501

Started by Redaktion, June 15, 2015, 08:50:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

15-inch showdown. This screen size is the most popular amongst U.S. users and the XPS 15, MacBook Pro 15, and ZenBook UX501 are some of the top picks in the class. Now let's see which one is best.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Face-Off-Dell-XPS-15-vs-Apple-MacBook-Pro-15-vs-Asus-ZenBook-Pro-UX501.143900.0.html

ilikealuminum

Two points here:

The UX501JW actually has a thunderbolt port through its mDP! Although it is not quite labeled as such, it should not be overlooked in terms of connectivity.

Second, the MSRP for UX501JW is just $1499!  Where is the $2200 number coming from? Amazon is not really reliable, as its 3rd party vendors can freely raise the price depending on their own supply.

Media Professional

It's a shame that notebook manufacturers are backsliding in display quality.  For professionals that need accurate color and a NON-glossy display, there same to be no options. HP doesn't make dreamcolor for their mobile notebooks anymore and I haven't found any notebooks displays that have more than 60% of adobeRGB, not to mention there is no information about their LUT.  I would spend up to $3k for a work notebook, but there's nothing worth buying.

Karambit

Why don't you add UltraSharp™ 4K Ultra HD (3840 x 2160) version of Dell XPS 15?  Besides that Inspiron 15 7000 and Alienware have 4K options

Andrew Bednoff

I think that Asus Zenbook NX500 is more comparable at this point, 'cause it has aluminium uni-body case, excellent VisualMaster display (AdobeRGB-1998 83 % coverage, that's really rare, sRGB 90 % coverage) and the average same price as Dell XPS and Apple Macbook Pro.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-Zenbook-NX500JK-DR018H-Ultrabook-Review.130796.0.html

mazhar

thanks so much for the review, i was really searching for such a comparison.
i think ill buy asus cause more compatable with my needs.
hopes you the best.

Ly

Clicking on your link to the XPS 15 shows it's actually the 4K model that's at $2500, which would give the edge to the XPS there over both the Macbook (better resolution) and the ASUS (better brightness).

Jeffrey Bellin

Quote from: ilikealuminum on June 15, 2015, 16:17:52
Two points here:

The UX501JW actually has a thunderbolt port through its mDP! Although it is not quite labeled as such, it should not be overlooked in terms of connectivity.

Second, the MSRP for UX501JW is just $1499!  Where is the $2200 number coming from? Amazon is not really reliable, as its 3rd party vendors can freely raise the price depending on their own supply.

Here I wish to make a general observation that is a frequent flaw in NBC's otherwise superb product reviews: your $US pricing appears to be largely calculated by multiplying the price in Euros by the then-current exchange rate between the $US Dollar and the Euro.  As a point of fact, your quoted prices in Euros appear often to include V.A.T. and other cost factors not found in the U.S., where prices in general are considerably lower (even absent the V.A.T. imposed by most European countries.  Best to use Amazon's U.S. listings as your basis for comparisons, I think.

Stollen123

hi
i would like to know if the Asus UX501JW is good enough to use it for Photosop cc cloud..how good is the color coverage of thse display especially the adobe and sRGB..is it good for a hobby photographer (not professional) but looking for a notebook with very good display..(not looking for macbook pro or dell xps)

thank you

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview