News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo Yoga 3 11 Convertible Review

Started by Redaktion, June 04, 2015, 08:10:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Multi-mode. Handy as a subnotebook, thin and light as a tablet. The compact form factor could currently represent the optimum between mobility and productivity. The Core M ensures long battery runtimes and the IPS panel a good picture impression. Read our review to find out why the package still cannot really convince us.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-Yoga-3-11-Convertible-Review.143751.0.html

Chris Manns

I've had this laptop ever since it came out and it has been a bit of trouble. First the touch pad buttons stopped responding, resulting in a replacement. But the clock speed has also been an issue, for days at a time falling to the 500mhz clock with no TDP or temperature restrictions to be seen.

If you can solve this problem, please help?

Maciek

Quote from: Chris Manns on June 07, 2015, 13:05:32
I've had this laptop ever since it came out and it has been a bit of trouble. First the touch pad buttons stopped responding, resulting in a replacement. But the clock speed has also been an issue, for days at a time falling to the 500mhz clock with no TDP or temperature restrictions to be seen.

If you can solve this problem, please help?

Chris, are the touch pad buttons performing better on your replacement laptop? I have the same problem and considering either replacement or a refund. Touchpad is next to unusable as you have to mash the buttons really hard to record a click....

Chris Manns

The touch pad was functioning fine for the last 2 months, but the issue has come back. Countless updates and windows 10 didn't solve the low clock speed problem either which makes it unusable!!! Have you ever experienced that problem?

Bjoern

I just went ahead and removed the virus scanner and Intel DPFT driver.
After that my clock speed throttling behaved normally. The thermal throttling still works since it's managed by the CPU by itself. Maybe worth a shot.

systemBuilder

The intel core M-nYnn-series processors are an exercise in stupidity.  They have the architecture and cpu design nuances to give outstanding performance, and they are crippled by the 4.5w power restriction so they end up working at lower speed than most ARM / Atom processors, and for this horrible performance you get to pay 2x the money of an ARM / Atom processor.

Alan

I bought this computer in February last year (2015) and have regretted it ever since.  One of the selling points was that it was upgradable to Windows 10, but despite this the performance is woeful.

The computer is slow, apparently totally or in-part incompatible with some software (Google translate for starters), and is very unstable.  The wifi works when it feels like it.

All of the above is a shame because it is both very light and attractive.  But no way am I going to stray from some form of Mac again.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview