News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Microsoft introduces the six different versions of Windows 10

Started by Redaktion, May 14, 2015, 01:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Windows 10 will release six different versions to 190 countries and it will support 111 languages

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Microsoft-introduces-the-six-different-versions-of-Windows-10.142632.0.html

asherpat

"Windows 10 is going to be the last major operating system release from Microsoft" -  what does it mean "last"?

so what, the next step is "zero-client" with everything in the Cloud?

Ketter

And I've heard that era of personal computers is going to end. Our smartphones will replace pc's.

asherpat

but mobile phones have OSs too, perhaps the journalist can clarify what they meant by this.

joseph.lambert

Quote from: asherpat on May 14, 2015, 15:06:48
"Windows 10 is going to be the last major operating system release from Microsoft" -  what does it mean "last"?

so what, the next step is "zero-client" with everything in the Cloud?

Here is where I got that information from. It just really means it'll be more like how Apple has had OS X for a while now, but they still update it each year. Thats my assumption anyway.
http://www.extremetech.com/computing/205320-microsoft-windows-10-will-be-the-last-version-of-windows

joseph.lambert

Quote from: asherpat on May 14, 2015, 22:23:00
but mobile phones have OSs too, perhaps the journalist can clarify what they meant by this.
If I understand what you mean, phones will run Windows 10 just like any other computer would, and Microsoft says that this will mean it will be like having a PC in your pocket for use anytime. So although changes will be to UI and screen size differences, phones with Windows will probably be very close to Windows 10 on tablets, PCs, and laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview