News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Pro Retina 13 (Early 2015) Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, April 02, 2015, 11:42:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

May the Force be with you. An innovative new Force Touch trackpad is probably the most interesting new feature of the early 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 13 – otherwise, there are more evolutionary than revolutionary changes. Even though the overall package is once again convincing: The Windows competition can close the gap.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Pro-Retina-13-Early-2015-Notebook-Review.139621.0.html

ghest

I noticed you used safari for the web browsing battery test. May I ask what browser are you using on Windows laptops? It is important to know because native browsers offer better battery performance than Chrome, which is especially battery hungry on Windows. Equitably it would be that both operating systems are tested with native browsers, IE and Safari respectively.

Andrey Konstantinov

Till, which Archer C7 did you use - v1 or v2? V1 had known compatibility issues with Broadcom WLAN modules which allegedly couldn't be resolved properly even with a firmware update, so TP-LINK was forced to release v2 because Mac owners were very unhappy with v1. V2 didn't have these issues to start with (IIRC). Curious which one you have...

BTW: 65 MB/s isn't that impressive (though of course still great), I managed 55-60 on my Asus N550 with AC-7260 and Archer C7 v2. (Sadly I can't reproduce it, the stupid router broke and I can't have it fixed thanks to TP-LINK lacking international warranty...) At which distance was the transfer done though?

Till Schönborn

Hi, it's an Archer C7 v1, which works just fine with the Broadcom module after the firmware update (3.15.1 Build 141204 Rel.39308n). At least with 802.11ac, the 802.11n speed is still quite bad (~100 Mbps).

The speed has been measured over a distance of ~3 m, no walls (=best case scenario).

tantan

I have seen another remark: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-Ultrabook-Review.138033.0.html

the X1 Carbon's keyboard got 90% score in that remark which said "Overall, it's one of the best available Ultrabook keyboards by our judgment." 

I don't known why the macbook pro got 92%,  is this means macbook has better keyboard than all Ultrabook? why there is no remark of macbook's keyboard?

Intosh

"you can have mixed feelings whether the implementation of a 28-watt processor was really a good idea."

The reason behind the choice of processor is a very calculated and systematic one, which is something that Apple is generally known for.   That choice of processor allows the Macbook Pro 13 to practically claim the title of "king of the hill" when it comes to benchmarks, as your own review showed.  Never mind the real world difference in performance may not be very noticeable, the numerous charts and graphs showing the Macbook Pro yielding better numbers are very good justification for a customer, who is willing to pay the premium, to choose it over another product. That is called consumer psychology.  That CPU choice gives Apple a dozen of charts showing the Macbook Pro ahead, while that same CPU is directly responsible for only one bad number (the battery time under load).   That's why it is a systematic and calculated choice.

RVn

tnq for your great and containing review,
Is there any body who can answer my question that whether a 128 GB SSD hard drive would be sufficient for macOSX, bootcamp, and wnidows8.1?
Can any body tel me how much volume does these softwares(macOSX, bootcamp, windows8.1) take?
And one last question, that can i instal some games on an external hard drive and call it back from there for playing so that i would not take my SSD hard drive volume??
I would appreciate your answers!☺️☺️

sh

I love this laptop, and this review is very reasonable. However, maybe you've over-rated its games performance by making it at 84%. It's almost impossible to play large games and it turns out to be a 84% score, so is there any computer on this planet which gets a score lower than 80%? What's the point of that number?

Till Schönborn

The game rating refers to the subnotebook classification of the MBP 13; in other words: The 3D gaming performance is quiet decent for its class.

It would be a bit unfair to rate Subnotebooks and large DTRs with the same scale in this category.  :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview