News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The iPhone turns 8 years old today

Started by Redaktion, January 10, 2015, 00:59:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Steve Jobs unveiled the first iPhone handset in San Francisco way back in 2007, taking Apple and the whole mobile industry where they have never been before.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/The-iPhone-turns-8-years-old-today.134433.0.html

Faresalis

Some time ago Samsung made a remark of mockery that Apple now betrays Jobs by making large-sized phones; a notion that Jobs previously took a jab at (with the logic I understood very well and still adhere to). 

If Apple could just stuff 10+ megapixel into their under 4" iPhones, or at the very least maximize space usage by scissoring out that "we don't want but we cant get rid of" screen margins, I don't perceive it is necessary to follow this (hopefully temporary) return-to-the-stoneage trend of large-sized devices. My biggest objection of carrying around my (currently) 4 inches phone is that I am actually carrying a 5" device in size, let alone if I had chosen a 5" screen (something that is not conveniently allowed by high-rate of mobility).

Apple is now apparently taking shortcuts (with iPhone and iPhone 6 Plus) instead of maintaining innovation and pioneer-ism, even to the point of betraying a principle laid down by Jobs.       

Eric P

PLEASE, tell me what the hell Apple has ever "Innovated" or "Pioneered".... besides taking credit as an industry pioneer for s*** that other manufacturers did first? They're really good at that. They were not the first 3g, 4g, or lte phone. Not the first music phone. Not the first Smart phone. Not the first camera phone. Not the first touch screen phone. Not the first phone with glass display or metal casing. Not the first....well anything that I can think of.

Codrut Nistor

They may not have been the first ones to offer such features, but they were the first ones to put them into products appealing enough to the consumer. I know a lot of awesome hardware and software products that do not sell. Apple products may not be awesome, but they MAKE THEM APPEAR AWESOME and, to be honest, they're not that bad, either. Just my two cents. ;)

Codrut Nistor

@Faresalis: I totally agree with you. Using a 4-inch ZTE Open C sometimes but still feels large, so I usually carry around a small dual SIM Chinese-made, no-name feature phone. Has LED flashlight, lasts at least 3-4 full days on a charge, that's all that most people need. It would be great to see Apple returning to the basics with a sturdy phone with some smart features and at least 4 days of autonomy when facing an average use pattern.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview