News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus ASUSPRO Advanced BU401LA-CZ020G Ultrabook Review

Started by Redaktion, January 09, 2015, 08:00:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Quality for little money? Asus wants to put the competition under pressure with affordable business laptops, and equips its new 14-inch flagship with the currently fastest ULV processor, plenty of working memory, and a swift SSD to accomplish that. We will reveal why it is nevertheless not enough for first place in the category.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-ASUSPRO-Advanced-BU401LA-CZ020G-Ultrabook-Review.134034.0.html

Stefan

This 'business' notebook is severely out of touch with reality. How are people supposed to use a dark, low contrast screen in the typical overly-lit office or almost any place with more than moderate lighting? And what good is the low weight if the battery life is only ~5 hours? Also, they took away the trackpoint? Really? Asus... do you just decide features at random? Because I cannot imagine this model was equipped based on informed decisions.

Thank you notebookcheck for the excellent review as always.

Spike21

There has been a version recently with a FHD screen. Any chance on getting a review update?

Guru

Juan Little

I bought this laptop after Reading this review and I wonder if I've got a bad unit. Because my experience differ with the information of the review.

1. My main problen is that the laptop is noisy quite often just with  web browsing or video playing. Normally the temprature of the core is at least at 45Cº and the fans at 2800. If the laptop is completely idle can be less but with some active browsing the temperatura go higher and when it reaches 47 or more (does that easily), fans are annoying. Temperatures can peak even as high as over 60Cº and fans over 3000 rpm and loud. Clocks as high as 3293Mhz and cpu utilization as high as 100%. All this monitored with CPUID HWmonitor. (I'll really apreciate comments on this. As I'm going to send it to the technical service and will love to have some reference information of other unit)

2. When I use headphones and play video weather is in play or pause there is an annoying background noise. This only happen when playing video.

3. Speakers. While volumen can go very high which is nice, the sound is just awful if not played at really moderates volume. If volume go a little high there is clear distortion and metalic sound. Frankly I'll say this is the worst sounding laptop I've got (Sounds go quite high but, quality if not at moderate level is awful, bothering I'll say)

4. Two finger scrolling is only usable with explorer, if I use Firefox or chorme is way to fast to use it.

So if other owners of this model could comment on those points it will be very helpful for me. And it would be nice to know if I have a bad unit or this things are normal.

Construction and materials are awesome in that regard is no doubt the best laptop I've had.

Juan Little

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview