News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus G751JY-T7009H Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, December 26, 2014, 23:55:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Gaming champion 2014. Asus now uses the GTX 980M as well and offers a very successful and extremely fast ROG gaming notebook in a reworked 17-inch chassis. MSI's GT72 2QE is one rival with even better specifications, but the top version is also 50 % more expensive. Our test determines the winner in the clash of the titans.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-G751JY-T7009H-Notebook-Review.133178.0.html

gary

Futuristic Design?  Really? Sigh,,, this design opinion from country that bought use the Bauhaus, Mies Van De Rohe,etc.

Obviously reviewed by a 14 year old..

gary

Unigine Heaven Benchmark?

Nice laptop, no negatives really, getting all the performance out of the components.

Where's your Unigine Heaven Benchmark temperature & clock stability tests??  You guys were going to start & continue to use Unigine Heaven (in addition to your Furmark testing) to measure temperatures & clocks of CPU & GPU to emulate an extended gaming session scenario.  How come you haven't done this kind of testing for this laptop?

Mark85

Thanks for the review, it really helped me in my purchasing decision.

MSI GE40

In my opinion since this is the top of the line from Asus a more intensive test on performance like comparing on 4K gaming performance with other high end notebooks.

paco17

Soldered GPU and CPU? Use of plastic in their Top End model? NO thanks.  I'll stick with my M18x R2.

CIp

How is the sound quality reviewed as good when there is a thread on the rog forum with subwoofer playing all frequencies instead of LFE signal and no fix yet. I own the laptop and it is very good, but no review on the internet shows the flaws, fixable probably via software.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?54313-G751-Imbalanced-Sound-Problem-OFFICIAL-SUPPORT-THREAD

vincentxp

with a 88whr battery but only give 3 hours battery life. i dont know what Asus thinking Gaming model can't use daily task? you know, i use autocad & i need a high end model ,big LCD for my need, of course most of the time  we dont use it for gaming , why i like this design but the battery life only 3 hours for wifi?

Michał

Are there any problems with displaying the image on the IPS panel when playing fast games FPS like Ghosting, Input lag, etc?

Michał

Are there any problems with displaying the image on THAT IPS panel when playing fast FPS  games  like Ghosting, Input lag, etc?

Ashar

The display review does not mention a peculiar yellow tinge in the display which is widely reported in reviews by customers on Amazon.
OR is that problem only specific to the G751JT-CH71 model?
This could effect graphics work!

GamerBoy

I own a G751. It is really a great PC, except quality, support and ASUS customer care. Will tey ever wake up before it is too late? Here is nice summary from the Official ASUS ROG Forum:

The quality control on these machines is garbage, plain and simple. Keyboard keys that are dead, tilted, or not centered/grinding against the chassis, speaker wires that are severed during assembly, speaker software that's borked, screen lightbleed, screens that don't work, trackpads not glued in right, cpu's that get too hot, a Steam button that opens in Big Picture Mode/is useless, USB's on left side that don't work properly, display port that freezes/bluescreens the machine... such a joke. When buying one of these laptops, the chances of you experiencing one or more of these problems is extremely high. I would never ever recommend one of these machines to anyone, and it sucks because they could have been awesome.
I can only agree with you mate. This could have been a super machince, but ASUS is screwing this up big time. They fail on 3 key areas:
1. recent quality as you mentioned. This is full disrespect to the users.
2. poor support. RMA is the only way, they dont care about you at all after the PC is bought.
3. lack of respect at user requests. Just look at the ridicoulus one sided subwoofer thing coupled with bad sound. They wer not able to fix this since years, simply cause they dont care.

ASUS, I am not happy anyomre .... eh ... not like anyone from the company will listen to this.

Sincerely,
Your Ex ROG fan.

Landofix

Notebook performance looks good, but looking at ROG forum I've seen that a lot of G750 have problems. I also had a G750JX that after one year was ko for the damaged HDD. Construction was poor, and I don't believe in Asus quality (bad experience also in past). So I0m also an ex-ROG, but now I'll not consider anymore this brand.

Mymicke

i bought a ASUS G751JT in november.

The first one Had a USB issue , coulnd use 2.0USB . I changed it for another one.

the 2nd one -> Again many problems : USB 3.0 keep disconecting, cant load a movie or a music on a HDD extern, poor sound Quality had to use a my own speaker, screen froze ( like once in a week ) had to reboot it buy turning it off with the power button.

AND finally now blue screen : "critical process Died" , and my SSD isnt working anymore cant boot windows.

SO i do not advise you to buy this laptop. He has great performance in game , quiet and cool . But that's all , such a poor building quality overall.

u can take a look at forum ect... So many people had exactly the same problems than i had.

Its all the G751 séries ( JM JT JY ).

sorry for my bad english :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview