News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus GL550JK-CN391H Notebook Review

Started by Redaktion, July 15, 2014, 09:07:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Pure versatility... ...or something like that would be a fitting slogan for the GL550JK. Unlike the 750 line, Asus uses a fairly slim chassis that sports a gaming-suitable, mid-range GPU and a high-end IPS screen. Read here how the 15-inch device fares compared with the contenders.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-GL550JK-CN391H-Notebook-Review.121051.0.html

Ratel

If only this had GDDR5 it would be a dead cert for me. As it stands, the G551 is now top of my list. Very nice review chaps, keep up the good work.

peteryet

Andrey

Why is this called GL550JK when Asus calls it G550JK? Anyhow, this is simply ROG-ified N550JK, absolutely nothing different apart from design.

Egor Hawk

Its called G550JK in Russia. And I think nobody will by 850m GDDR3 for 1400 Euros. IPS pannel is not necessary for mobile gamers with 15 inch screens. Its much more reasonable to spend these money for the better GPU ( 860m GTX at least). MSI have made 870m GTX 15 inch model and it heats a lot bit this G550 from Asus already heats with DDR3 850. "What happens with more powerful GPU? Will it blow up" you will ask me. I'll answer, "Yes. indeed."
Asus, you have no chance. P.S. I have been the owner of G53sw, G74jw, G55jw, G46vw and G750jx. And I apply to you Asus. Bye bye. Im fed up with your hardware quality and old designe. Next Time I'll bye MSI or Alienware.

fanwashere

It's called the G550JK in Canada as well. Weirdly, it's priced at $1099 CAD in Canada, which translates to 756 Euros..

Also, why is it so difficult to find a single picture of the laptop directly from the side. All pictures I've seen so far is of the laptop from the side looking from some higher angle. Asus doesn't want us to think it's thick?

George

I'm sick of bad displays, so gonna miss the y50 fhd and get that one instead.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview