News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Hisense launches Sero 8 tablet

Started by Redaktion, April 17, 2014, 08:29:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 8-inch slate features an IPS display, a quad-core processor from Rockchip, Android 4.4 KitKat and can be already pre-ordered in the UK for about $150 USD.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Hisense-launches-Sero-8-tablet.115090.0.html

Juliana

Codrut Nistor

We will try to find out and we will get back to you if we get the info from the manufacturer.

aruba

There was the Sero 7 lite and the Sero 7 Pro.  Sadly, the Lite was a hunk of junk while the Pro was stellar.  So am wondering which this new Sero 8 is comparable to?  Will this be like a garbage Lite or the rock solid Pro?  Should we buy this or wait and see if Hisense comes out with a better model later?

Codrut Nistor

I usually wait for first reviews to come out before buying any piece of hardware or gadget. My advice would be to wait a bit and see what's peoples' opinion about it.

Hræsvelgr

If all would wait for others to give opinions.. who should be the one writing them?  :p
Acer TravelMate 5720 | T9300 | HD2600 | 3GB DDR2 600mhz | 320GB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 04/2008
läuft wie am ersten Tag, ergonomische Tastatur - Dank an Acer!

Schenker XMG P722 | i7-3820QM | GTX680M | 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 10/2012
Schön verpackte Endlospower

Codrut Nistor

You are totally right, but some feel more adventurous than others. Sometimes it's better to play it safe, especially when there's your money (and the time you'd waste to return the item for repair if needed or to sell it if it works well but doesn't fullfill your expectations) at stake.

GUY

To me this seems like the LT; not the PRO. The PRO had an HDMI port, NFC and the same screen specs as last year's Nexus 7 and it was selling at MSRP $150, Sale $130., Clearance $115. In order for this tablet to be like the PRO it would need some unusual features for it's price range such as HDMI out and NFC. It would have to have the same resolution screen as last year's Nexus 7 which would be 1920 x 1200. Instead this has the same screen resolution as last year's Hisense Pro tablet, HDMI & NFC are removed (from what I can see) both camera's dropped in resolution and the rear camera lost it's flash. This tablet is the new version of the LT if you ask me. It does not have that big bang for the buck allure the PRO had.

antwan mccurdy

I bought the sero 8 last night and its ok so far..no complaints

Liz

Well seeing as how I own the new Sero 8 and have been doing some comparisons, Sero 8 to me is an 8in version of Sero Lt. My boyfriend has the Pro. and bought this one thinking he was getting me the same one as his. Didn't even realize it had just been released. I like it but simply for the fact that it's my first tablet and very budget friendly. But as far as quality goes I'm thinking of having him return it for the Pro! The Pro. is more advanced and doesn't seem worth passing up for just an extra inch. Though the diff in size is quite noticeable. To be honest I'm sure they came out with a crappy 8in. (Like they did with  the "LT") with intentions of releasing a Pro. Version of sero 8 (Fingers crossed) there by sweeping most competitors under the rug as did the sero7 pro last year.

Aaron

The Zero 8 is not available anymore except refurbished. Walmart does not even list it anymore on their website. I called Hisense and they did not even have a clue to why. When a company does not know why their products are not being listed by Walmart then you know the company or Walmart has serious issues. I was going to buy another Sero 8 and a Hisense TV but no one seems to know or care to carry their products ??? And Hisense does not seem to care whether or not they sell them. Very bizarre indeed. I digress oh well time to find another good product supplier by a different company, not sure who will take the place of Hisense because I really like their products. Great quality for the price, at any price !

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview