News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Need for Speed: Rivals Benchmarked

Started by Redaktion, November 27, 2013, 22:30:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Second fiddle. Brace yourselves, PC gamers. Need for Speed Rivals has a serious shortcoming: It doesn't play perfectly on any PC, not even the most powerful ones. Read about the 30 fps cap and the game's (mobile) hardware requirements here.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Need-for-Speed-Rivals-Benchmarked.106350.0.html

Squarzelfitz

Swcond Fiddle: "Brace yourselves, PC gamers. Need for Speed Rivals has a serious shortcoming: It doesn't play perfectly on any PC, not even the most powerful ones." It doesn't play at all on mine I have a quad core 2.4 ghz Intel I3, GEforce GT750 and 8GB DDR3 1600 Ram, All well within the specs. I cant get the game to play at all. It crashes every time I try to play. I have all the latest drivers and know gaming, been doing it since the mid 90s. I've gotten 16 bit games running on 64 bit systems. I can't get this fiasco to run. I bought it through Amazon, who refuse to refund my $50. This is the last Need For Speed title I will ever buy. Since the switch to porting console games the series has gone down the toilet. I can't use my driving wheel in Most Wanted or the Run. The games look and play like chea                                                                 b
.. =p arcade games. The physics models are dreadful. And now they take your money and don't even bother to deliver a functional product.You can't return the defective product, they refuse.How is this any different from stealing? The last truly innovative game in the series was Porsche Unleashed well over a decade ago. The physics model in that game revolutionized PC racing games.I do not appreciate being ripped off. I will never deal with Origin or EA again. They charge a full game price for a console port that doesn't even support racing wheels.

Charlie

The physics of the NFS series has been off since about Carbon (2006), being absolutely dreadful in Pro Street (2007) and Shift (2009), and for far too long they have made it impossible to take a bend without being sideways... Yes I enjoy drifting, but not on *every* turn.

My main problem though is that I have only been able to evaluate Rivals gameplay on videos: I installed, loaded, got past the infuriatingly excessive intro video, and left the garage only to find that my game does not recognise the Page Up/Down, Home or End keys.

I've tried everything within my (admittedly limited) knowledge to fix it, but at this stage it's just a semi-interactive wallpaper :/

jpnn80

Quote from: Squarzelfitz on December 09, 2013, 22:48:34
And now they take your money and don't even bother to deliver a functional product.You can't return the defective product, they refuse.How is this any different from stealing?

Actually you could have beend refunded directly by EA if you bought a digital copy of the game through Origin instead of a 3rd party reseller like Amazon, which is logical since you can activate the physical game only once before using it...

Gruber

Need for Speed: Rivals takes place in an open world of Redview County. Players will choose to undertake a career as a racer or a cop, with a thin storyline to go along with it. A glaring problem with Most Wanted 2012 gratis game was that the concept of progression was seemingly lost. Bad design choices were abound, but Rivals is a complete turnaround in that regard. Your progression is centered around Speed Lists. These are objective lists, usually presented in a set of three types, that you must complete in order to progress the story and unlock a new car.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview