News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Google Nexus 5 Smartphone

Started by Redaktion, November 27, 2013, 01:04:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The fifth element. As early as the Nexus 4, Google has offered a price-competitive challenge to the rest of the smartphone manufacturing world. The current hardware flagship puts its direct competitors under powerful pressure, because the Nexus 5 offers extremely high-powered hardware and Google's newest operating system - Android KitKat.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Google-Nexus-5-Smartphone.105973.0.html

anon

You got the prices wrong. You mixed up euros and US dollars,

Dhruvdutt Jadhav

James B

The thing is, the phone is priced the same in Euro as it is in dollars -- so if you can get it from the US store, you can save about 30% at the current exchange rate.

Chris P

No they didn't. In Europe the prices are 350 for 16GB and 400 EUROS for 32GB. The same prices with LG optimus G pro. That's that!!!

Ryan Pallett

Who cares about the price!! I got myself one of these a few days ago, and it is so fast and responsive it is worth the higher price by far! I am usually a critic of my own phones and devices, but having moved from a Lumia 800 with the Windows OS to Kit-Kat, there is no comparison.
I have used Jelly bean extensively on the gf's 10.1 note, but this is far far quicker and so much more responsive than the note, and my Galaxy camera - also running Jelly Bean. I forgot to close 13 apps which were running in the background, and I didn't even notice a glitch in performance.
Bottom line, What a piece of kit!! Comfortable to hold, like a thin iPhone with it's sharp edges, though much lighter and a little larger. Doesn't get even warm under load. I'm trying to think of a con, but I guess me and my phone are still in our 'honeymoon period'  ;D.

James B

Several times, "stereo" or "speakers" (plural) comes up in the review, but it's actually one speaker, and one microphone.  Important when comparing to e.g. the HTC One, which actually provides stereo sound...

tp

Is the wifi battery run time correct? Most sites rate the nexus 5 worse than Sony Z or ZL but here the nexus 5 is significantly better. Thanks.

Giovanni65

I bought last week , it lasted one day . Why do i have to have a google account ?
Why is google so curious ? I couldn't see news i wanted ... i sold it after one day.

marios

landam

Do you know that you can get the detailed stats and information related to your Nexus 5 such as usage statistics, battery information, phone information, and WiFi information by simply dialing *#*#4636#*#*: I found this info here, http://www.spinfold.com/nexus-5-tips-and-tricks-to-enhance-your-experience/

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview