News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Satellite U940-101 Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, January 17, 2013, 08:19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Cheap and light. First of all many ultrabooks are expensive. But Toshiba use a simple plastics case for the Satellite U940 and equip the 14-inch laptop with attractive components including a Core i5 and a dedicated SSD cache.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Satellite-U940-101-Ultrabook.87454.0.html

Carlos Cedillo

Excelent review. I just buy this UB and the configuration is better of HP Envy with same processor but less RAM.The sound is really poor but using external speakers the quality is really good.

I really think is a good purchase balancing price with specs. I used the UB with Dynadock of Toshiba and works great.

Thank you for the information.

Sourav M

Hi,

I am unable to use the SSD. How would I able to use the feature? They are offerring an SSD with 32 GB. Do I need to buy something and plug in?

Also this laptop doesnt have any optical drive. If I need to use CD/DVD, how to use it? Can I fit externally?

Thanks
Sourav

Till Schönborn

SSD: The SSD is automatically used for caching.

CD/DVD: You could buy an external USB drive.

Ilti Mehmedov

The laptop is good looking with good performance but not good quality at all. Compared to my old Satellite l300 this one did not survive even 2 years. The fan run out of oil after 1 year and started making lots of noise. Then the SSD failed and I started seeing it with 8GB as unallocated space instead of 32GB. Then it stopped booting at all with black screen of death. Not sure if this just bad luck but it happened to me...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview