News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus VivoBook S200E Subnotebook

Started by Redaktion, December 17, 2012, 09:26:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

No fear of contact. There is a plethora of inexpensive subnotebooks on the market  - but the new Asus VivoBook S200E is different: high build quality and a multitouch-enabled display set it apart and are supposed to appeal to potential buyers. Are those attributes alone enough for us to recommend the system?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-VivoBook-S200E-Subnotebook.85787.0.html

VerticalTakeoff

muhdazman

Hello, does this variant computer can work well with Microsoft word

Howard Cunningham

The thermal problem is a concern. Now in US, the S200E-RHI3T73 (motherboard HM70 vs HM76) is being sold. Does anyone have any updated data for this HM70 motherboard?

mmcpher

Bought this for my daughet for Christmas and we're very happy with it for the price and size.  One issue is that it doesn't seem to be able to see and connect our wifi router on 5 GHz channels. 

MikeInCanada

I have replaced the HDD with an SSD and it seems to perform very well.  I upgraded to Win8 pro with the Media center in order to watch TV off our main windows Media Center Computer.   It is mostly used for this and business applications and so far I am very happy with this as I treat it as a netbook replacement.

I am finding the Touch Screen much more useful then I at first thought it would be.  You can lay down with this on your stomach and use the touch screen where you cannot type in that position.  The other thing I learned is that I type with my pinkies sticking out and they kept  activating the touch screen and moving me out of the field I was typing in.  I have to make sure I keep them in.

It says that there is no turbo boost but loading CPU-Z the frequency varies from 800ghz to 1700ghz depending on the processing demands.

Andrew

A quiet machine with an 11.6 screen,
Music to my ears - I do what 99.99999999% of people do with these - Browse, documents, spreadsheets with some TV.  I wish reviewers would stop harping on about how well this size of machine plays 3d games. My kids have access to an i7 with a 27" TFT and what do they play games on? Their X-box  with the TV or nothing. In fact, game playing is fading (a staggering 28% down in 2012 c/f 2011 according to the FT) in favor of surfing, social networking, youtube and forums.  8)

Mac

@muhdazman: the screen could be a bit small for MS-Word. GUI and Windows dock take some of the space living you with a small area.

It can work as a mobile 2nd PC but for serious work perhaps consider the S300CA instead.

user of asus laptop

Just have to say one thing.  It is not a quiet computer. (but perhaps I have been spoiled by getting used to my wife's mac book pro. It is not even comparable on the quietness scale.) The fan sounds like it is always on at "mid" speed (it would be nice if the fan could be on at "low" speed most of the time, and increases to mid and high when needed.) This is purely comment based on my experience, and perhaps it is on "low" speed... it just sounds like "mid" :)

Abiola

Whenever my Asus s200e power cord is plugged, the touch screen and pad doesn't work well.

Christopher john

I have intel celeron asus s200e, can i upgrade the processor to i3?

ian

Worst computer I've ever owed. Won't allow me to install Windows 7. Won't allow me to install iTunes. Can't even reformat it. OR install W8 updates. Pitiful.

Jody @ Tritech

For what it's worth, I've written an entire article about how to make the cooling system work well enough that thermal throttling doesn't happen. I hope that it is helpful: http://nctritech.wordpress.com/2014/01/14/fix-for-asus-vivibook-x202e-q200e-or-s200e-laptop-cpu-overheating-and-thermal-throttling/

Barbara Smilks

>:DHad a slight spill that messed up the keyboard.  Sent it in to Asus for repairs.  They want to replace the entire inside with a cost higher than the original new price.  I just had trouble with the keyboard.  They claim everything failed.  Not at all happy with this.  I think I will just get it back and use the touch screen keyboard.

Sylver

Complete and utter rubbish. As a notebook it doesn't even make a good anchor. Biggest piece of crap I ever bought, will NEVER buy ASUS s*** again.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview