News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus Zenbook Prime UX31A Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, August 18, 2012, 04:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Super Ultrabook. After Asus already spearheaded netbooks a few years back, with the legendary Eee PCs, the Taiwanese are trying for a repeat performance with Ultrabooks.  Their cards are good, their first Zenbook editions were already able to pull ahead of the competition; the new models raise the bar to completely new levels in this class.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-Zenbook-Prime-UX31A-Ultrabook.80135.0.html

LaptopDilemma

Diogo Godinho

About the RAM limitation, aren't there any slots available? 
Nonetheless, this ultrabook is the ultimate one =X

house

I own a UX31, the old Sandy Bridge CPU version with ordinary screen. 4G Ram is enough with super fast SSD disk. You had to use maximum power to run Photoshop or even office 2010 smoothly. I use lightroom to process raw images from my DSLR. The CPU can auto boost to 2.4G, but it can only lasts 10 to 20 minutes. Enough for me to process a dozen of photos or more.

minnie

why UX31A can run 3 independent display without displayport? is there other notebook than can do the same?

Jeff Baker

These guys are nuts, they give this laptops keyboard a point ahead of the lenovo X1 carbons, nuff said.

MThomsen

According to asus in Denmark the sandisk is the prefered ssd for the ux31a !!!! Personally I think this is creazy since the SSD is so important for the user experience. But there you are, apparently the sandisk is what you can expect if you order a ux31a, at least in Denmark.

Mohit

Can the SSD be upgraded from 128GB to 256GB SSD during service maintenance? I really would not be satisfied with the memory that it is coming with at the 1K range. Is there a possibility of upgrade in future if one wishes? I hope SSD is not soldered to the board as you see in case of the RAM....  :-\

Allen.Ngo

Quote from: Mohit on November 22, 2012, 16:16:43
Can the SSD be upgraded from 128GB to 256GB SSD during service maintenance? I really would not be satisfied with the memory that it is coming with at the 1K range. Is there a possibility of upgrade in future if one wishes? I hope SSD is not soldered to the board as you see in case of the RAM....  :-\

RAM is not end-user upgradeable. The SSD is removable and can be upgraded as shown in the images.

Ducroux Alain

Very interested in the triple screen. Does the less successful ASUS ZenBook Prime UX32A-R3024H version also manage 2 ADDITIONAL screens?
Thank you for your answers

Darth Vader

You CAN upgrade the SSD, but ASUS uses a proprietary mSATA interface. Go look up Macbook Air vs. Asus Zenbook SSD mSATA interface; I saw an image that compared the two SSDs and they are physically different both in size and pin layout. So yes, it is removable and upgradeable, but you will have to pay a premium for the proprietary SSDs.

luisdiazluna

heeeeeelp my asus UX31A doesn't detect ANY bluetooh device. how to upgrade or test the bluetooh interface? someone can kindly help?

Also I closed the lid and several times the Laptop remained on generating a lot of heat (maybe my keyboard has damaged) how to avoid this? where to purchase keyboad online?

thanks!!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview