News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Toshiba Satellite U840W 21:9 Ultrabook

Started by Redaktion, July 16, 2012, 06:31:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Moviebook. Those believing that notebook manufacturers are done innovating are obviously wrong. Toshiba has just recently rolled out the Satellite U840W - the first Ultrabook with a theater-like 21:9 aspect ratio. Is this a notebook specifically for movie aficionados or can other applications take advantage of the wider dimensions?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Toshiba-Satellite-U840W-21-9-Ultrabook.78303.0.html

r4in

Holy jesus mother of god. 19:9 is already awful and they go beyond. Honestly, it's true the end of world is 2012 - it's already happening...

Jabez Steenkamp

jesus

there is a lot of people named jesus in latin america, so everytime someone says their name is that in vain?? because we all know that us lowly humans could never amount to him, so if we name our children after him, isn't that insulting him? keep your religious comments to yourself.

Iannis

I have just bought this device. I'm thinking of return .... because:
1. The cooling grid is very bad positioned at the back
2. The back side is getting warm
3. The keyboard is not so rigid (a I press the keys... the keyboard is pressing too)

But, good things to know:
1. very good sound
2. very good case and stilish
3. rapid startup
etc..

Jadran

What has happened to this promise - "We will conduct another test once production starts and when we are able to examine a retail unit." ?

Loney

If the screen would be only problem. Biggest issue is heat and loud fan that never turns off. And machine overheats after 1 hour of game play and turns off.

Erictrtrty

The thing I dislike most on my Satellite is the arrow key layout. The Left and Right arrow keys should be moved upwards so they are positioned equally next to the Up and Down arrow keys.  The Up and Down keys are so small it's difficult to always move from the L or R key to hit the Up key, without accidentally hitting the Down instead.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview