News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Review Asus N76VM-V2G-T1078V Notebook

Started by Redaktion, July 05, 2012, 07:52:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The entertainer. A perfect multimedia notebook has enough computing and graphics power, features a good screen and provides practical interfaces. We scrutinized to what extent Asus meets these claims and whether it can score beyond that.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-N76VM-V2G-T1078V-Notebook.77420.0.html

Cin

GD

I have a question,all temperature tests in your review are using Prime95 and Furmark ??

Allen.Ngo

Load temperatures are typically done with Prime95 and FurMark or some other combination of torture benchmarks unless otherwise stated in the review. Regardless of the programs used, the system should be under full CPU/GPU stress for recording load temperatures.

BogDan Vatra

How about CPU throttle when full load?
I read your N56 review and there you said the the CPU throttles to 1.2 GHz, this model has the same problem ?

Many thanks !

Frank Sp

I have this laptop since 2 years and it terribly slow (slower them my 2 year old i5).
Also the keyboard is terrible. I need to hit the keys very hard, and many times I miss a key on the screen.
Anyone knows how to speed up this machine> or improve the keyboard?

Hræsvelgr

Acer TravelMate 5720 | T9300 | HD2600 | 3GB DDR2 600mhz | 320GB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 04/2008
läuft wie am ersten Tag, ergonomische Tastatur - Dank an Acer!

Schenker XMG P722 | i7-3820QM | GTX680M | 16GB DDR3 1600mhz | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | BD-Player
Bj 10/2012
Schön verpackte Endlospower

x264

"the CPU and the system became more or less unusable for other tasks. In our tests, the Intel Quick Sync technology proved to be superior and can result in differences of several minutes or even hours for larger projects. "

OC while its true CPU high profile 1080P etc encoding will take 100% of the available CPU cycles, you can OC set the x264/ffmpeg to set a lower priority to the "below normal" setting for the app and it will not then interfere with other normal apps runing in the background...

you makes your choice and if quality si your only choice then OC software  x264/ffmpeg encoding is the only choice , Quick Sync  is fine for people than cant see the difference between a fuzzy divX HD encode and a real quality high profile x264 encode OC....

just something to consider for the future reviews...

for instance try this line  for a visually better quality wireless streamable smaller file output.
avconv.exe -threads 4 -i "infile.mkv" -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -crf 18 -minrate 800k -maxrate 2500k -bufsize 2500k -refs 3 -preset slow -vprofile high -flags2 -bpyramid -wpredp 0 -strict experimental -acodec aac -ac 2 -ab 128k -vf yadif,gradfun,hqdn3d,unsharp "outfile.MP4"

Kim Nilsson

I have a N76VJ and 16 GB (2x8GB) works fine. I can also confirm that with a Samsung 840 Pro 256GB the harddisk is no longer the bottleneck. :-)

christian pids

Thanks for this great review !

Any chance to bypass the limit of 1080p on the hdmi output?

drivers updates and support contacted with silly answers,  but still impossible to get 2560*1440..  it s nt hardware ( hdmi 1.4)  or graphicard limit, so what is wrong with them ?

!thanks

Winston Gutkowski

Great review. Thank you very much. I've just seen the VB version and am thinking about buying it. I'm not a gamer, but want a solid "desktop" machine with good graphics and decent sound; and your review has suggested that this may be just what I'm looking for.

I was particularly intrigued by the B&O statement on the case, and was glad to hear that it actually translates into good sound. Thanks very much.

Winston Gutkowski, Brussels, Belgium.

Kakrona Cham

Hi, I would like to confirm that is this model can be used with RAM DDR3 & DDR3L at the same time?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview