News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Laptop Review

Started by Redaktion, June 28, 2012, 06:35:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Affordable Ultrabook. Lenovo updates their sleek IdeaPad U300/U400 Ultrabook lineup with new Ivy Bridge-equipped IdeaPad U310/U410 models to take on the rest of 2012. Do the upgrades go beyond just the CPU and GPU changes?

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-IdeaPad-U310-Laptop-Review.77082.0.html

nissangtr786

Ant

Allen.Ngo

QuoteThat can't be an Ultrabook, look how fat it is!

The maximum height for Ivy Bridge Ultrabooks is 18 mm, or 7 inches, which is the thickness of the U310!

QuoteWhere is the power consumption reading?

Out of all our hardware measurements, power consumption has been one of our least demanded measurements from readers and is thus no longer mandatory. However, we can certainly reintroduce our power consumption test if more readers continue to request it.

Valentin

Hello,

I am currently trying to buy the i5 macbook pro 13" mid 2012, but before spending the money i would like to know some things related to this Lenovo IdeaPad U310.

1. Does it really have only 10/100 lan card?
2. Is the processor fast enough to run vmware player/server with 2 linuxes on it?

I know the mbp is best for what i want, but still, this lenovo is 30% less in costs.

AE

How's the DPC Latency test? And have you any plans for a full review of the U410?

ben martin

I checked out these reviews http://search4laptop.com before getting my Laptop and were  quite helpful, looked through quite a few laptops but finally decided on the ASUS G75VW

Jan A

Yet another Ivy Bridge flop. When many other manufacturers begin to deliver with matte screen, Lenovo continue with with glossy, delivering a device for in-door use only.

The low clocked Ivy Bridge was supposed to give us a fan-less device, but no, in contrary a device running hot, and with a quite noisy fan.

Keypad has no LED in keys, even this now expected as a sort of standard. At least they did not stuff a dedicated graphics card in this one - they got that right, but this dosnt in my opinion change the fact, that this device is yet another Ivy Bridge flop.

Allen.Ngo

The DPC test turned out clean. A full review of the U410 may come in the future, but it is not currently our top review priority.

The LAN card is 10/100 (no Gigabit speeds). Virtualization could always benefit from more CPU horsepower and RAM, so the U310 is not recommended due to its limited expandability options.

Drake Jones

DESIGN DEFECT IN WIRELESS ANTENNA PLACEMENT!!! Lenovo lied about repairing the issue. DO NOT TRUST LENOVEO!!! The U310 is FLAWED just the Apple Iphone. You will be very unhappy with unit.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview