News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple iOS 18 to bring on-device AI features

Started by Redaktion, April 15, 2024, 14:46:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple's (allegedly) planned AI features expected to come with iOS 18 that have been mentioned a lot in the last few months will become official on June 10. The latest set of rumors claims that next-gen iPhones will not rely on cloud servers for AI tasks, relying entirely on the devices instead.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-iOS-18-to-bring-on-device-AI-features.827573.0.html

Julian M

This is disconcerting but predictable given the all-AI-everywhere trend.

Awesome new AI features, but we'll need to buy the latest iPhone (pro only?) model to get them - that's a given with Apple's typical strategy.

No word what the useful features actually are, it's just get on the on-device AI trend as if it will do change anything.

So uninspired.

Neenyah

Yeah, gotta get that AI to do a shitty background blur on selfies.

julia_top

What surprises me will be the price increase now with the Ai trend, surely all iPhones will increase an average of $200, which seems really crazy to me to pay for the iPhone 16 Pro with only 128Gb = $1,500

And I don't want to mention the 256Gb or 500Gb ones

George

Oh gee just what no phone or tablet owner ever wanted - a battery life sucking and device overheating update.

But it is 'trendy'!!! LOL!!!

Forgetting for the moment that actual 'crunching' of a LLM usually involves lots of processing and power to drive it Apple appears to have taken note of some of the press's critical dislike of other companies 'off loading' AI to their cloud servers so Apple is going to at least attempt to claim 'on device'.

RobertJasiek

Quote from: George on April 15, 2024, 17:40:31other companies 'off loading' AI to their cloud servers so Apple is going to at least attempt to claim 'on device'.

A good chance to finally comply with the law by removing everything from the iCloud terms suggesting unwanted abuse of the Apple servers for the enduser's intended local, private data.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview