News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Firefox Nightly gets ability to translate selected text passages

Started by Redaktion, April 11, 2024, 11:59:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Future versions of Firefox may include a new feature that translates selected text in other languages. This feature recently appeared in Firefox Nightly 126.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Firefox-Nightly-gets-ability-to-translate-selected-text-passages.825861.0.html

NikoB

I already wrote that all these pathetic attempts by the Mozilla team are useless. They cannot offer the same powerful ecosystem as Google. They can't even offer a normal experience on YouTube because Google deliberately blocks other browsers from working properly there. As soon as you launch Chrome, everything miraculously starts working on YouTube without delays or freezes...

We should have fought the monster earlier, 15-20 years ago. It's too late now...

It was necessary to create an alternative ecosystem for their browser, but they slept through it.

Here is a work that proves that the owners of Google, with the connivance of corrupt officials and the stupid population, have taken over the entire market using openly criminal methods:
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4780718

Evil NikoB

Keep it up, Mozilla! It's good to have some alternatives to Google, considering how much they control the market. I know it's David Vs. Goliath for you, but keep fighting the good fight!

julian.vdm

Quote from: NikoB on April 11, 2024, 13:09:31I already wrote that all these pathetic attempts by the Mozilla team are useless. They cannot offer the same powerful ecosystem as Google. They can't even offer a normal experience on YouTube because Google deliberately blocks other browsers from working properly there. As soon as you launch Chrome, everything miraculously starts working on YouTube without delays or freezes...

We should have fought the monster earlier, 15-20 years ago. It's too late now...

It was necessary to create an alternative ecosystem for their browser, but they slept through it.

Here is a work that proves that the owners of Google, with the connivance of corrupt officials and the stupid population, have taken over the entire market using openly criminal methods:
papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=4780718

It doesn't matter if Google is too big. A monopoly shouldn't be permitted to exist. This is what the EU is seemingly realising now (I agree, it is a little late, though.). So, I'll take what I can get. There need to be options for people who don't want to sell their souls to Google. I never used to care, but in my old age, I'm becoming more wary of privacy invasion and the threat of monopolies to the things I enjoy.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview