News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Tesla Model Y price discount of more than $15,000 makes Model 3 look expensive

Started by Redaktion, April 08, 2024, 17:28:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

indy

Just goes to show you the massive depreciation that occurs on pretty much every new vehicle.

Might as well wait a year or two before getting your car, it'll have the invariable bug fixes updated, now that cars are as much about software as they are hardware.

Still sporting a 2000 Civic. Cost $1500 in 2017. Rebuilt the clutch, but otherwise pretty trouble-free. Not bad for 7 years of owning a car that gets be where I need to go.

C. Decker

Hey that's a sweet deal! I follow Tesla's discounting very closely and have never seen a discount that high. I noticed it was a 7-seater, maybe they are having trouble moving that specific one. Largest inventory discounts I have seen max out at 10%.

Daniel Thomford

I bought model y for $58.00 June last year and have not receive the Rebate.How are you waiting to send me $7500.00 Rebate.l need it pay part of the loan amount.            Worried customer

Zach

Quote from: Daniel Thomford on April 08, 2024, 23:48:50I bought model y for $58.00 June last year and have not receive the Rebate.How are you waiting to send me $7500.00 Rebate.l need it pay part of the loan amount.            Worried customer

Its a tax rebate. Did you file your taxes and claim it?

John S.

I guess people finally starting to realize that EVs are simply overpriced. They are good for around the town ride but I wouldn't dare taking it anywhere over 150 miles from home. 330 EPA range, cool. Do you drive you ICE to the last stop of gasoline in tank? Same applies for ev. 330-50 (safety cushion). So recharge every 280 miles at best, under a perfect weather etc. After 10 years battery warranty us up, battery is hit or miss at best (may last a day or another 10 years, trouble is no one really knows), who wants to buy a car with high risk of having a $10k plus repair, even ICE car with risky tranny or engine. And finally who cares about 0-60 times, I'm buying family ride not a race car, so 3 or 8 seconds mak no change in my life style...
I support EV's with all my heart but technology is simply not here yet. $30k plus for around the town ride... no thank you, at least not yet

Scottt

John S. Happy to inform you that you can easily travel in a newer Tesla. We have taken our 22 Tesla model 3 RWD on multiple state road trips without a single issue. Prefer the driving experience on the trips. The overall ownership experience has been great! The rental car companies didn't think there EV purchases through. They didn't make sure the cars were rented with a full charge. They didn't educate people that had never driven or charged an EV in their life. They were sending people out that were unprepared. In addition, customers had all that performance, I'd bet that's why the increase in body damage. Totally mismanaged.

The key to EV ownership is the Tesla charging system if you drive nationwide and like to travel. Having a place to park and charge at home is the other big deal. I wouldn't buy an EV without a place to park and charge at night.

Zogo

Quote from: indy on April 08, 2024, 19:20:57Just goes to show you the massive depreciation that occurs on pretty much every new vehicle.

Might as well wait a year or two before getting your car, it'll have the invariable bug fixes updated, now that cars are as much about software as they are hardware.

Still sporting a 2000 Civic. Cost $1500 in 2017. Rebuilt the clutch, but otherwise pretty trouble-free. Not bad for 7 years of owning a car that gets be where I need to go.

Eaven cheaper with a bicycle. What is your point comparing an Y model with old civic?

J.Max

Quote from: Scottt on April 09, 2024, 05:07:27John S. Happy to inform you that you can easily travel in a newer Tesla. We have taken our 22 Tesla model 3 RWD on multiple state road trips without a single issue. Prefer the driving experience on the trips. The overall ownership experience has been great! The rental car companies didn't think there EV purchases through. They didn't make sure the cars were rented with a full charge. They didn't educate people that had never driven or charged an EV in their life. They were sending people out that were unprepared. In addition, customers had all that performance, I'd bet that's why the increase in body damage. Totally mismanaged.

The key to EV ownership is the Tesla charging system if you drive nationwide and like to travel. Having a place to park and charge at home is the other big deal. I wouldn't buy an EV without a place to park and charge at night.

Agreed!!

Bestoink Dooley

Quote from: Zach on April 09, 2024, 02:14:10
Quote from: Daniel Thomford on April 08, 2024, 23:48:50I bought model y for $58.00 June last year and have not receive the Rebate.How are you waiting to send me $7500.00 Rebate.l need it pay part of the loan amount.            Worried customer

Its a tax rebate. Did you file your taxes and claim it?
Also you would need to owe at least $7,500 in federal income tax in order to get the full rebate amount

indy

Quote from: Zogo on April 09, 2024, 10:35:59Eaven cheaper with a bicycle. What is your point comparing an Y model with old civic?

When talking automobile transportation devices that can reasonably be compared, my point is the old -a** cheap Civic gets me to the same places a Tesla/EV does at far lower costs.

Harvey

I'm a full time Uber driver in Orlando, Florida.
I been driving Tesla model 3 for the last few years.
Tesla is DEFINITELY the worse car on the road.
The build quality is horrible.
The Tesla will have you sitting at a super charging station watching your life pass by with all the time you'll waste waiting for it to charge 35-55 minutes per charge depends on the speed of the fast charge station. God help you if you pull up to a slow charging station expect to wait 2-3 hours to reach a 1/4 tank.
I was making $2,100 - $2,500 a week driving full time for Uber in a gas car.
I'm this Tesla model 3 I'm only making $1,700 - $1,850 per week.
This Tesla has added an additional 2-3 hours to my daily driving shift.
My 8 hour shift is now no less than a 10hr shift due to wait times for this battery on wheels to charge.
The Tesla also chewed up tiers and you'll be replacing towers every 10k miles for sure trust me on that.
I drive at least 4k-5k miles per week driving for Uber.
I also fast charge three times per day at $15 each charge for a total of $45.00 per day which isn't bad.
Here's fired it's CEO because he changed the Hertz fleet to Tesla.
Tesla isn't a practical car and you NEVER know when the battery is going to fail.
Plus keep in mind Tesla sends over the air updates and bug fixes.
This means Tesla can limit the distance your battery will allow you to travel.
Think of it as Tesla limp mode.
Tesla will activate limp mode for numerous reasons, so buyer be ware!

Mark S

Quote from: Scottt on April 09, 2024, 05:07:27John S. Happy to inform you that you can easily travel in a newer Tesla. We have taken our 22 Tesla model 3 RWD on multiple state road trips without a single issue. Prefer the driving experience on the trips. The overall ownership experience has been great! The rental car companies didn't think there EV purchases through. They didn't make sure the cars were rented with a full charge. They didn't educate people that had never driven or charged an EV in their life. They were sending people out that were unprepared. In addition, customers had all that performance, I'd bet that's why the increase in body damage. Totally mismanaged.

I agree with every word you said. We have had the same experience with no worries on longer interstate drives. Home charging is also key. My wife has enjoyed daily driving with no stop at gas stations (EV charging stations) since she plugs in at home every night. People need to try an EV to see for themselves instead of listening to the naysayers out there. FYI, I am no fan of Elon, just a fan of the Model 3 RWD. I have no experience with other models but suspect I'd feel the same about them.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview