News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Snapdragon X Elite vs Intel Core Ultra and Apple M3: Qualcomm's SoC reportedly excels in efficiency and outperforms Meteor Lake

Started by Redaktion, April 04, 2024, 13:28:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Qualcomm has finally compared the Snapdragon X Elite to the latest Intel Core Ultra and Apple M3 processors and the results look quite promising, at least for the lower power SKU. For instance, with a 23 W power limit, the Snapdragon X Elite beats the Apple M3 SoC, the Core Ultra 7 155H, and the Ryzen 7 7840U in terms of performance-per-watt in Cinebench 2024.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Snapdragon-X-Elite-vs-Intel-Core-Ultra-and-Apple-M3-Qualcomm-s-SoC-reportedly-excels-in-efficiency-and-outperforms-Meteor-Lake.822152.0.html

chris@amd

these figure are next to trash and obviously wrong. there is no way m3 is twice more efficient than m3 pro... numbers are out of gut. i'd wait for notebook check review.

FunnyZa

Intel & AMD have dragged their feet and now if they don't change their stubborn ways, will be left behind. Apple proved it can be done and Snapdragon will almost certainly put them in the grave commercially (big business will probably still use them). I see a shifting in the winds.

shawman

They should have gone for N3B or N3E for their 1st chip. I think that is holding back from efficiency perspective when compared to M3 chips. Still a commendable 1st gen that comfortably wins against x86 chip. Cant wait for Gen 2 on N3E or even N3P and see further efficiency gains.

George

Point taken - the results need to be taken with a (large?) "grain of salt". :)

While better efficiency in Windows powered devices would be a boon that would allow 'ultrabook' class devices run/operate longer I'm equally interested in knowing how well the iGPU in Qualcomm's SoC performs.

Qualcomm's SoC could be "leapfroging" AMD/Intel in the handheld space.

nissinxtension

I will be happy when they come over to pc standards for memory and pcie nvme and some kind of upgrade.
Demejerian has reported that Qualcomm is being stubborn and keeps using mobile device power circuitry not letting the oems change anything on the design. That means you're trading one jack for another. Or they are no better than intel.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview