News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

ASUS ROG Ally price reaches historic low making Ryzen Z1-equipped handheld potential no-brainer for emulation enthusiasts

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2024, 10:26:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The ASUS ROG Ally with the Ryzen Z1 processor is now available at an all-time low price at Best Buy after a sizeable $100 off over the previous discounted rate. At the newly reduced price, the ASUS ROG Ally should be a no-brainer for fans of indie games as well as folks who are into emulating older systems.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/ASUS-ROG-Ally-price-reaches-historic-low-making-Ryzen-Z1-equipped-handheld-potential-no-brainer-for-emulation-enthusiasts.821228.0.html

qwerty56

George

Ok FINE - $299 for an 'open box' or $399 for NIB. I was already convinced I wanted one before I got to my local BB.

Selling points: 1080P screen and 512GB storage.
Negative points: weaker CPU/GPU and stuck with Windows installed.

After getting through the usual MS setup crap on power on I installed Steam and then installed 3 not-so-new or demanding games from my library, set it to 'offline mode' and turned off the WiFi. :)

$300-400 is IMHO the 'sweet spot' for portable gaming systems.

IDK if I'll just ditch the Windows and install SteamOS or not. I'll see.

Also I bet this can be an AWESOME 'streaming client' from one of my 'real' gaming systems. :)

Given we can now get a 1/2 way decent WIN powered gaming handheld for this price, it will be really interesting what Nintendo comes up with as their "Switch2" has a BUNCH MORE competition in this space now.

Granted IDK how the Ally/Steam Deck might or can work in "docked" mode like the Switch does or if that is a big selling point for the Switch or not.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview