News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Maxed-out Lenovo ThinkPad P16s with 4K OLED and 64GB RAM gets substantial 59% price cut

Started by Redaktion, March 25, 2024, 21:14:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The AMD-powered Lenovo ThinkPad T16s Gen 2 is equipped with the Ryzen 7  Pro 7840U and a 1TB SSD. Thanks to two stackable coupon codes, the 16-inch workstation laptop is now on sale for a compelling sale price of $1,149.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Maxed-out-Lenovo-ThinkPad-P16s-with-4K-OLED-and-64GB-RAM-gets-substantial-59-price-cut.818155.0.html

peakdecline

A warning for Linux users... The Qualcomm wireless card in the AMD P16s Gen 2 and T16 does not behave well in Linux. It will hang up, not recover from sleep, and all around weird behavior especially with certain access points. Regardless of distribution or attempted settings changes. There is a long thread on the Lenovo forums about this. I had to return a P16s Gen 2 that I otherwise loved because this issue.

Windows users will not have this issue.

David William Mitchell

I just checked the specs and saw that the wifi module is soldered to the motherboard. I thought that "whielisting" was all I had to worry about, bummer.

A

Quote from: peakdecline on March 25, 2024, 23:54:13A warning for Linux users... The Qualcomm wireless card in the AMD P16s Gen 2 and T16 does not behave well in Linux. It will hang up, not recover from sleep, and all around weird behavior especially with certain access points. Regardless of distribution or attempted settings changes. There is a long thread on the Lenovo forums about this. I had to return a P16s Gen 2 that I otherwise loved because this issue.

Windows users will not have this issue.

Have you tried just outright disabling the card before sleep and then enabling after sleep? That usually is the workaround for sleep related hardware issues

But yeah, soldered ram and soldered wifi is a big no-no in my book, even if it comes with 64gb

NikoB

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview