News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

New Motorola smartphone revealed running Android 14 with 5G mid-range Qualcomm chipset

Started by Redaktion, March 22, 2024, 17:36:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Motorola has now confirmed the official launch date for the Edge 50 Pro. However, more details about a cheaper alternative have now leaked online. Seemingly, the mid-range handset will line up against the likes of the Samsung Galaxy A35 and Galaxy A54 thanks to its Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 chipset.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/New-Motorola-smartphone-revealed-running-Android-14-with-5G-mid-range-Qualcomm-chipset.816385.0.html

vertigo

This is lower-mid-range at best, and IMO really low-end. For a short time, Motorola made *true* mid-range phones (X Pure, Z and Z Play) that were excellent for their price, costing half as much as flagships yet coming with actually decent hardware, with the MXPE having an older (~1-1.5 years old) but high-end CPU and the Z Play having a lower-end but much more recent (~6 months) CPU, therefore making both relatively good performers, not to mention their overall good specs otherwise.

Since then, though, they've really just given up on this market segment, and instead release flagships and inferior "mid-range" phones, something they're able to get away with more easily due to media not calling them what they truly are. It seems just about every non-flagship phone they release anymore uses either the same chipset as their predecessor, which is already inexcusable, or even worse, as in this case, and even worse one. Every time I see a new phone from them I hope that this will be the one to fill that true mid-range gap that's existed for far too long, and every time it's a massive disappointment.

If they would put something like a 7s Gen 2 with 6-8GB RAM, 128GB storage with a microSD slot, and with otherwise decent specs and an unlockable bootloader, that would be a *true* mid-range phone worth buying. But, unfortunately, they seem dead set against it.

bggrizzly30

Motorola takes a couple steps fwd and several back. The Fusion line is designed to be a true midrange not a highend budget model but it is now.

Thw0rted

If it's a lot cheaper, fine I guess, but I don't think I'll take Motorola seriously until they improve their lifecycle support. One OS update and 2-3 years of security patches just doesn't cut it anymore.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview