News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

System76 Lemur Pro Linux laptop gets updated with Intel Meteor Lake processors

Started by Redaktion, March 22, 2024, 14:12:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

System76 has launched the 2024 refresh of the Lemur Pro. The new Linux laptop brings Intel Meteor Lake processors in a familiar design. To be specific, it's available with Intel Core Ultra 5 125U and Core Ultra 7 155U CPUs. As for the price, the base model with 8 GB of RAM and a 500 GB PCIe 4.0 SSD is $1,399.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/System76-Lemur-Pro-Linux-laptop-gets-updated-with-Intel-Meteor-Lake-processors.816219.0.html

Sam Medley

A bit of irony about System76 - they advertise on their website that they support Right to Repair but solder 8 GB of RAM to the motherboard of this laptop, which limits upgrades and repair.
Looks like a solid laptop, but the price just isn't justified when you can get a laptop with the same specs for cheap and install Pop!_OS yourself.

Adam Ghani

Could you do a review of this laptop please? I'm interested to know about the speaker, keyboard and battery life.

A

Quote from: Sam Medley on March 22, 2024, 16:11:10A bit of irony about System76 - they advertise on their website that they support Right to Repair but solder 8 GB of RAM to the motherboard of this laptop, which limits upgrades and repair.
Looks like a solid laptop, but the price just isn't justified when you can get a laptop with the same specs for cheap and install Pop!_OS yourself.

While I totally agree with the soldering stuff, I will remind that System76 are rebranded clevo laptops. I think they do a few minor modifications but fundamentally stuck with whatever clevo gives them (in this case: CLEVO L240TU I think)

The bright side to them is they include open firmware instead of proprietary like most systems

But yeah, I wouldn't buy anything with soldered components regardless the reason

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview