News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony reportedly suspends PSVR 2 production due to poor sales

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2024, 09:17:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A report from Bloomberg says that Sony has stopped manufacturing new PSVR 2 units due to unsold inventory. The VR headset isn't selling much due to a lack of content and its high price tag.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-reportedly-suspends-PSVR-2-production-due-to-poor-sales.814165.0.html

Bon Chan

Makes sense... I'm still surprised the PS5 has been selling as well as it does. As it's, pretty much, the same thing with the entire current gen consoles - new hardware without much justified content.

I mean, why buy a new console if your current one (assuming one owns a PS4/Pro) can still run 99% of the new releases?
Unless you MUST play one of the few "next gen" exclusives, buying a new console to do more of the same is not a justifiable buy, in my opinion.

gjbkgjb

jimP

Quote from: Bon Chan on March 18, 2024, 10:14:30I mean, why buy a new console if your current one (assuming one owns a PS4/Pro) can still run 99% of the new releases?
Unless you MUST play one of the few "next gen" exclusives...

There is still a significant difference in newer PS4 games when playing on PS5 (higher res., better graphics settings, higher or stable framerates even in comparison to PS4 Pro), so in my opinion the upgrade makes sense.
The situation with exclusives is much worse though, because the big AAA titles which used to be PS exclusives are now ported to PC (Horizon, Uncharted, Last of Us,...) so I agree that this big incentive is kind of diminishing... PS may still be cheaper option than PC and easier to setup/play though...

TruthIsThere

Quote from: gjbkgjb on March 18, 2024, 10:23:49Do you actually feel better by calling every PS5 buyer an idiot?

Well, as many would say back in the day: "if your shoe fits, then, wear it"

PS5 fanatics believed in the lie that the "amazing PS5 SSD architecture was needed for this so-called "next-gen of games" (that no other SSD could compare to it [Sony throwing blows at PC hardware/gamers] that was discovered not even a month later from that Cerny's shilled statement that Cerney just blatantly lied; PC hardware SSDs smashes the PS5's SSD mess super easily. e g. PS5  ~5500ish PC's SSD ~7000 (and that is just Gen4 drives) LMAO!

Sony's fanatics also bought into  the super FAILED promise that the PS5 will deliver up to 8K gaming performance... bahahaha!

Sony's fanatics also bought into the PS5 incredible inflated price (PS4/Pro - ~$239(base)/$350 Pro to now PS5 $399(digital/base)-$499+ (plus = bundle ect.) [and it's much higher outside the US].

Sony's fanatics also bought into Sony's, and its minions, BS that "gamers are ready for a price raise"... bahahaha! Super fail!

Sony's fanatics also compared their PS5 performance to the RTX2080s... WTF! bahahaha... and later, many Sony's fanatics were angry that many of the latest titles had mediocre RT, ect. performance on the PS5 that the PS5 couldn't even match a non-super RTX2060!

Sony's fanatics also...

I think you get it now... right?! Lmao

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview