News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Crucial 12 GB DDR5 memory module launches on March 31

Started by Redaktion, March 15, 2024, 12:20:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Crucial has announced a brand-new specification for its DDR5 memory portfolio. While the standard capacities are 8 GB, 16 GB, and 32 GB, the latest computer memory module sits between 8 GB and 16 GB. That is, the new SODIMM RAM features 12 GB of capacity. As per the Amazon listing, it debuts on March 31.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Crucial-12-GB-DDR5-memory-module-launches-on-March-31.813322.0.html

Ziv

Unless this is significantly less expensive than 16GB it seems kind of pointless.

I kind of get 24GB as an in between for 16GB and 32GB and assume that it's priced somewhere in between the relatively large gap in price between those sizes, but I doubt 12GB will be sufficiently less expensive than 16GB to make it worthwhile.

Anonymousgg

Quote from: Ziv on March 15, 2024, 16:24:11Unless this is significantly less expensive than 16GB it seems kind of pointless.

I kind of get 24GB as an in between for 16GB and 32GB and assume that it's priced somewhere in between the relatively large gap in price between those sizes, but I doubt 12GB will be sufficiently less expensive than 16GB to make it worthwhile.

I think it can get in the middle of those. It's a commodity, almost nobody will want to buy 2x12GB for the novelty alone.

If it doesn't catch on in DIY sales, I think you will see it go into pre-built PCs. They will start using these instead of 8GB modules. We might even see production end on 8GB modules.

Ziv

Quote from: Anonymousgg on March 16, 2024, 07:02:34
Quote from: Ziv on March 15, 2024, 16:24:11Unless this is significantly less expensive than 16GB it seems kind of pointless.

I think it can get in the middle of those. It's a commodity, almost nobody will want to buy 2x12GB for the novelty alone.

If it doesn't catch on in DIY sales, I think you will see it go into pre-built PCs. They will start using these instead of 8GB modules. We might even see production end on 8GB modules.

I hope you're right and that it won't be that we'll get 2x12 for the price we used to get 2x16.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview