News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Air 15 M3 review - Apple’s large everyday MacBook gets a power up

Started by Redaktion, March 11, 2024, 20:23:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Around 8 months after the launch of the MacBook Air 15, Apple has updated its large, everyday MacBook and, thanks to the new M3 processor, it performs even better than before. On top of that, the Wi-Fi performance has improved. The price, however, remains just as high.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-MacBook-Air-15-M3-review-Apple-s-large-everyday-MacBook-gets-a-power-up.811701.0.html

not_anton

Of course there is a rat-size mouse in the picture near the laptop, defeating the main purpose of a thin and light portable 15" machine.
Amazing how people learn to use touchscreen phones in a day, but then it comes to touch "screen" trackpad - oh no, the fingers just can't bend the correct way :)
Seriously, don't you miss the gestures of switching between virtual desktops, an overview of all opened windows, or quickly going to the apps window while playing with that pet rat?

Neenyah

Quote from: not_anton on March 12, 2024, 12:57:42Seriously, don't you miss the gestures of switching between virtual desktops, an overview of all opened windows, or quickly going to the apps window while playing with that pet rat?
You can do all of that with a mouse equally easy and faster even, depends about how you bind your mouse keys and flick speeds; literally everything you mentioned can be right under one's thumb 🤷 I love touchpads and I use them a lot with any laptop I, well, touch, but mouse is simply faster for the exact same purpose. At least any decent mouse with 6+ buttons though so about 80% of existing ones on the market (and certainly not Apple's crappy mouse). StrokesPlus.net is for Windows if anyone is interested. There is also similar app on macOS, I forgot the name.

Edit: Still pretty weird thing to complain about from the whole review but ok. Not tragic gaming performance (only 32 fps in SotTR at 1080p and 19 in BG3 at the same resolution 💀) despite Apple's attempts and claims about how good these machines are for exactly that - gaming - but no, let's complain about a Logi mouse being visible next to a laptop.

NikoB

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on March 12, 2024, 17:25:33Something went wrong at Apple...

So getting faster is "something went wrong"?

• M2 Air: 64.2 / 66.72 / 62.3 / 67.4 / 32.5 / 29.0 / 12.7 / 9.6
  • M3 Air: 87.5 / 69.1 / 65.2 / 67.6 / 41.9 / 32.1 / 11.4 / 11.0

And the M2 was already faster than the M1.

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview