News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Test HP EliteBook 865 G10 Laptop - SureNoView verdirbt einen fähigen Business-Laptop

Started by Redaktion, March 04, 2024, 08:35:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP schickt seinen Business-Laptop EliteBook 865 mit SmartCard und diversen Sicherheitsfunktionen in die nächste Runde und rüstet es mit Zen 4 auf. Was es sonst noch Neues gibt, verrät unser ausführlicher Testbericht.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-HP-EliteBook-865-G10-Laptop-SureNoView-verdirbt-einen-faehigen-Business-Laptop.797972.0.html

NikoB

HP is always ruining potentially good generic models.

Of course, the most important thing is the lack of power via the corner round and reliable power plug. Which does not stick out idiotically perpendicular to the body and with which it is comfortable to use a laptop on beds/sofas for right-handers (let me remind HP that 90% of the world's population are right-handed, and not left-handed at all).
What is the problem with making 2 power inputs, as is done correctly in the Acer Aspire 5 2023? You can lie on your bed by connecting it via a safe, reliable and angled round power plug that does not stick out to the side, and when traveling, if anyone needs it, use USB-C. Yes, in the end, damn it - why not make two USB-C with input power, but at least one in the back, and not on the side? Or symmetrically on the left and right, so that it is convenient for both right-handers and left-handers, and not just left-handers, as it is now? You yourself are reducing your sales significantly, because many right-handed people refuse such an idiotic decision on power sockets.

Again the stupid power button inside the keyboard next to Backspace! Stop this mockery of ergonomics! Fire the person responsible for this and hire a new designer! The narrowed row Esc, F1..F12 is written about in the review, which also significantly worsens the speed of blind text entry.

Again, a morally outdated, grainy-looking, crappy fhd screen (I would never believe in the contrast of 2000:1+ on IPS), and even with low-frequency PWM.

There should be a choice of 4k@120Hz IPS with guaranteed (in specifications and in batches) 1500:1+ in a semi-matte version. And the real response time is no more than 7ms on G2G/B2W. This is all you need for a high-quality business book screen, where working with perfectly clear text is the main task.

And it's nice to have new lines with the same 4k@120Hz panels in the 17" 16:10 and 18" 16:10 class.

The price of the solution is certainly high, taking into account 1 module of 32GB. But HP, like the rest, simply makes money on this. At least, unlike Lenovo's stupid business models, there are always 2 slots. So quickly buy and install a second module for 32, getting a full 64GB (and this is not the limit for Zen4 Phoenix, they support modules for 64 and 128GB, for a total of 256GB, they are just not on sale yet, because Zen4 Phoenix is the only x86 line processors with support for 64 and 128 modules - Intel still does not have such models, and they own 75% of the x86 market, so there is no benefit for RAM manufacturers to make batches only for Zen4 Phoenix, which is extremely rare in mass-produced laptops)

Performance and noise. Performance is normal for a 40W 7940HS, nothing special. What's special is that this time HP did not reduce it, as it usually does by 15-20% relative to others. Thanks for that too.

But the noise under average load (here it is the author's fault that he did not check in dual-channel mode by installing a 32GB module) is more than 2 (two!) times lower than that of the Lenovo ThinkPad P16s G2 AMD! Bravo if that's the case! Although we must take into account that the memory controller works at half power in single-channel mode and therefore heats up less...

Battery life is also longer, but again we must take into account that the author did not test a full-fledged dual-channel mode with 64GB of RAM, where consumption will be clearly higher.

It should also be noted that based on the throughput in single-channel mode, the efficiency of the AMD memory controller and optimization from HP in the BIOS, even in dual-channel 32+32, will be clearly mediocre. Around 60-65GB/s, instead of 85-89GB/s expected with DDR5 5600.

It is commendable that, in contrast to the poor 720p/fhd cameras, HP was the first to switch to 5MP cameras in laptops. But I would like to have autofocus and better dynamic range. Just compare with smartphones...

In general, HP, like all other manufacturers, continues to create strange Frankensteins, but no one intentionally wants to create an ideal universal business book. For what? After all, having bought it, the owner will use it for as long as possible without updating (after all, everyone likes it and is happy with everything), unless there is really strong progress in new models. So why they deliberately worsen ergonomics, upgrade options and screens is obvious. It seems that the true pleasure of using a good, ergonomically and internally perfect model should raise the long-term reputation of the manufacturer, but who cares about long-term reputation today?

RobinLight

QuoteDas vorliegende Testmuster wurde dem Autor vom Hersteller oder einem Shop zu Testzwecken leihweise zur Verfügung gestellt.

Ich verstehe nicht ganz, wie der Prozess mit den Testmustern läuft. Hat Euch HP genau diese Konfiguration zur Verfügung gestellt oder habt ihr selbst eine Kombination wählen können? Ich kann mir schwer vorstellen, dass HP nach dem Test aus dem letzten Jahr, der bereits das SureView Display bemängelte und dadurch die Bewertung nach unten zog, Euch nun noch einmal ein Gerät mit einem SureView Display zum Testen anbietet... ich meine, so dämlich wird HP ja nicht sein. Genauso wie die Performance-Defizite durch das Single Channel Memory Problem die Bewertung nach unten ziehen.

Mit dem normalen 400nits Display und einer 2x16GB RAM Konfiguration würde das Notebook bequem auf eine sehr gute Bewertung komme, statt nur einem gut. Diese Bewertung spiegelt sich dann ja auch in Eurer Kaufberatung wieder, den Vergleichstabellen und wird natürlich auch in den Preissuchmaschinen angezeigt... und überall da kann man potentielle Käufer abschrecken. Oder interessiert sich HP nicht für Absatz?

Euer Link zu der getesteten Version gibt es im Shop aktuell nicht, da gibt es nur ein 16GB Modell. Warum der Shop einem da keine Auswahl verschiedener Modelle bietet, einem was konfigurieren lässt oder zumindest anzeigt, dass diese und jene Konfiguration aktuell nicht verfügbar ist, gibt mir Rätsel auf.

Offensichtlich werden im Vergleich zu Lenovo die meisten Varianten von diversen Händlern angeboten, mit Glück findet man dann man eine Kombi aus richtigem Display, richtiger CPU, richtiger RAM-Kombination und dann noch der richtigen Akkugröße. 

Ich denke, HP interessiert sich hauptsächlich für Unternehmenskunden, welche Geräte großvolumig kaufen, weshalb alles übrige an Geschäft bedeutungslos ist... anders kann ich es mir nicht erklären. Es gibt auch keinen anderen Hersteller der eine große Modellvielfalt an Notebooks hat, bei der die meisten angebotenen Konfigurationen zum vergessen sind, weil lediglich Displays mit 250nits verbaut werden 🙄.

RobinLight

Quote from: NikoB on March 04, 2024, 13:26:32Of course, the most important thing is the lack of power via the corner round and reliable power plug. Which does not stick out idiotically perpendicular to the body and with which it is comfortable to use a laptop on beds/sofas for right-handers (let me remind HP that 90% of the world's population are right-handed, and not left-handed at all).
What is the problem with making 2 power inputs, as is done correctly in the Acer Aspire 5 2023? You can lie on your bed by connecting it via a safe, reliable and angled round power plug that does not stick out to the side, and when traveling, if anyone needs it, use USB-C. Yes, in the end, damn it - why not make two USB-C with input power, but at least one in the back, and not on the side? Or symmetrically on the left and right, so that it is convenient for both right-handers and left-handers, and not just left-handers, as it is now? You yourself are reducing your sales significantly, because many right-handed people refuse such an idiotic decision on power sockets.

I don't get your point. When I use my notebooks on a couch or in the bed, I rarely need the power supply connected... those devices have batteries, don't you know? 10 hours and more should be enough and you can load your device in your pauses or do you never get up? Do you eat at all?

Of course, if you need 100% performance for several hours in your bed (and get really comfy because of the extra heat) then the power connector could be an issue. I am right handed and the power connector is on the left, so what is the issue then? And because it's USB-C I can use any charger and cable I want... if the USB-C plug is in the way I'm going to by an angled one so the cable points to a direction I like.

Quote from: NikoB on March 04, 2024, 13:26:32Again the stupid power button inside the keyboard next to Backspace! Stop this mockery of ergonomics! Fire the person responsible for this and hire a new designer! The narrowed row Esc, F1..F12 is written about in the review, which also significantly worsens the speed of blind text entry.

Don't you think, this is a pretty arrogant view of yours? Because all the engineers are stupid?
I'm used to notebooks with a power button next to other important keys. They never ever switched off by accident because those keys behave and feel very differently... nothing happens on short presses. So all your sorrows are nonsense. But I get it, it's your style to complain about everything... well, except too small cursor keys, we have another expert for that topic😜.

NikoB

Quote from: RobinLight on March 04, 2024, 17:35:57I am right handed and the power connector is on the left, so what is the issue then?
A right-handed person always holds a laptop to his right, his right hand on the right side with the mouse on the left side of a right-handed person. And there is also a power input with an idiotic, flimsy USB-C sticking out perpendicular to the body. The slightest mistake in leg movement and the end of this connector,

With a round corner on the edge (this was the case in previous series - it was on the right from the very edge at the back) there is no such problem. And neither for right-handers, nor for left-handers.

Nowadays, the laptop is relatively convenient only for left-handed people.

The same applies to all Lenovo E/L/T series models - the same gross ergonomic error.

I never, on principle, use a battery, except in emergencies at home, if I'm lying with a laptop on the bed or couch - I just use the power supply and don't think about performance or operating time. I always have 100% productivity and endless working time at my fingertips. Therefore, the batteries in my laptops last at least 7 years. Under the loads that are typical for me, the battery of such a laptop will be killed by frequent recharging or the end of cycles in less than 2 years. Why is this necessary? It is nonsense. At home you need to have a comfortable opportunity to lie with a laptop on the bed from the power supply.

All USB-C powered models on the left deliberately prevent this. These are left-handed devices. Left-handed conspiracy in development departments?

What prevents them from outputting two USB40 ports symmetrically on the left and right? Only redneckness or intentional discomfort when working from a power supply for right-handed people.

Quote from: RobinLight on March 04, 2024, 17:35:57Don't you think, this is a pretty arrogant view of yours? Because all the engineers are stupid?
Yes, this is a deliberate, redneck reduction in the cost of the design, moreover, it is as non-ergonomic as possible.

Quote from: RobinLight on March 04, 2024, 17:35:57But I get it, it's your style to complain about everything... well, except too small cursor keys, we have another expert for that topic
If you don't like it, don't read it. While this is still a free world...

Neenyah

Quote from: NikoB on March 04, 2024, 13:26:32Of course, the most important thing is the lack of power via the corner round and reliable power plug. Which does not stick out idiotically perpendicular to the body and with which it is comfortable to use a laptop on beds/sofas for right-handers (let me remind HP that 90% of the world's population are right-handed, and not left-handed at all).
Please allow me to introduce you to something that exists for about 4-5 years now, not just in L shape but in many others (L is the most common tho, about 3€): https://imgur.com/a/OEuafrU

RobinLight

Quote from: NikoB on March 04, 2024, 17:55:25A right-handed person always holds a laptop to his right, his right hand on the right side with the mouse on the left side of a right-handed person. And there is also a power input with an idiotic, flimsy USB-C sticking out perpendicular to the body. The slightest mistake in leg movement and the end of this connector,

With a round corner on the edge (this was the case in previous series - it was on the right from the very edge at the back) there is no such problem. And neither for right-handers, nor for left-handers.

All USB-C powered models on the left deliberately prevent this. These are left-handed devices. Left-handed conspiracy in development departments?

What prevents them from outputting two USB40 ports symmetrically on the left and right? Only redneckness or intentional discomfort when working from a power supply for right-handed people.

I can't imagine. Can you provide a link to a picture showing how it would look like when you use a notebook in bed?

Quote from: RobinLight on March 04, 2024, 17:35:57Don't you think, this is a pretty arrogant view of yours? Because all the engineers are stupid?
Yes, this is a deliberate, redneck reduction in the cost of the design, moreover, it is as non-ergonomic as possible.
[/quote]

This has been related to the power button placement.

JMW

Also ich würde den Artikel mal an manchen Stellen besser recherchieren.

- HP hat vorkonfektionierte Skus, diese hat 1x 32 GB, weil es inzwischen auch viele Leute gibt die bald planen upzugraden. bei 2x 16GB kannste beide Riegel schon wieder verkaufen. Es gibt auch Geräte mit 2x 16GB. Also sehe ich no drama oder es gibt nicht das perfekte Notebook vorkonfiguriert für Jeden

- Bei der SKU steht hier klar im HP Store 1/1/0 als Garantie. 0 steht für Einsenden bei Defekt, da steht nichts von 3 Jahren! Das weiter unten verlinkte Gerät wiederum ist aber auch nicht die getestete Konfig, das hat 1x 16GB RAM und 3 Jahre Garantie. Also der Fehler sitzt hier vor dem Laptop

- Auch der Part über die Security ist entweder merkwürdig geschrieben oder nicht sauber recherchiert. Die Security Lösung bei HP, ist nicht nur Software. Beim Gerät selber ist ein Jahr Wolf Security Pro dabei, was per micro VM vor Ransomware bei Office Dokumenten + PDF Schützt. Der andere Teil ist Hardware. HP verbaut im Gensatz zu Lenovo und Dell einen zusätzlichen, physikalischen onboard Security Chip - HP ESC, welcher verschlüsselt und per Zertifikate zusätzliche Bauteile, Bios, Recovery, etc. absichert - HP SureStart, Surerun, Surerecover etc

Quick Reply

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview